• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Wallabies 2023

wamberal99

Johnnie Wallace (23)
Yeah not sure how it's gross. Sua'ali'i is the real deal. He's a once a in a generation talent.

We just scored 17 and 17 in 2 Tests at home against England. Not as if we're brimming with attacking talent.
Plus he is obviously open to the possibility.

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Yeah not sure how it's gross. Sua'ali'i is the real deal. He's a once a in a generation talent.

We just scored 17 and 17 in 2 Tests at home against England. Not as if we're brimming with attacking talent.

its straight out of the JON playbook as well, getting rugby union into the headlines at a time when there’s not much rugby on.

it’s no coincidence they said they wanted Burton a few days after State Of Origin when he’d played a starring role, and similarly Sua'ali'i a week after he gets a couple of tries.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Yeah, I'd be way less enthused by going after someone like Burton whose peak is probably a couple of origins (he'll be gone when Mitchell and Tom Trbojevic return next year). Sualli will play 10+ Tests, and 25+ Origins if he stays in league.

Reminds of when a leaguie was trying to tell me how Folau just carved up rugby and was a bad look for the quality of rugby. Yeah because Folau was so bad at league...

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
Why? He would be a sensation in our game. He seems to have it all.
Not a fan of pumping vast quantities of cash into an outside back, generally. Or throwing heaps at league converts.

If it's just a media thingo then sure. If not, there's probably a lot of better places to put that cash.

Last edited:

Marce

John Thornett (49)
I wonder how this backline of former schoolboy Rugby players would go against the current lot.
10. Sam Walker/Luke Keary 11. Tolu Koula 12. Joseph Sua'ali'i 13. Murray Taulagi 14. Hamiso Tabuai-Fidow 15. Kalyn Ponga
Ponga wants to wear the black jersey

Marce

John Thornett (49)
Recall one of the reasons he ended up at the Roosters was that the Rabbitohs wouldn’t give him an out clause from 2025-2027. I don’t think there is any coincidence in him picking those years.
Is he a diehard rugby supporter?

Last edited:

Marce

John Thornett (49)
it’s no coincidence they said they wanted Burton a few days after State Of Origin when he’d played a starring role, and similarly Sua'ali'i a week after he gets a couple of tries.
You can't sign Origin players at their pinnacle. Something strange has to happen, like Folau, SBW or Karmichael

Marce

John Thornett (49)
You can sign anyone with enough money.
Yeah, that's the point
20220730-141034.jpg

Last edited:

wamberal99

Johnnie Wallace (23)
It sounds as though he knows exactly what he wants. Furthermore it seems that he comes from a "good" family (don't like using that expression).

Joe Blow

Peter Sullivan (51)

I think we are but we do not have the right playmaker to bring that talent in to play often enough.