• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Wallabies 2023

tragic

John Solomon (38)
30 minutes later means there's 12 days and 30 minutes between kick offs, but both concussions were during the game, with Noah's coming on the second half. They might be ok but it's running right up against the time and I'd be surprised if they were playing them when on cleared minutes before the game.
Yeah touch and go I guess. They can still do non contact and fitness drills so that won’t be an issue.
Just depends on how important Rennie feels they are.
Paisami is easier to replace.
Stocks are low at 10. Might be an excuse to play foley without denting lol’s confidence. I think he’s a step backwards though so I’m hoping it’s lol or hodge.

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
They can return to play on day 12, which in this case is Thursday, the time doesn't matter.

The decision to let them play isn't made on day 12, the decision to allow a player to return to training is essentially made on day 3. From there they are placed in a graduated return to play program, which is a staged process of increasing the intensity of training back to full contact before matchday. Yes they will miss some training, it's an individual program based on their history/concussion severity.

That's assuming they have no lingering effect, obviously at any point if they show signs of concussion through this return to play, they are reassessed and they pause at whichever phase they're at until they're good to progress.

Viking

Mark Ella (57)
So I've always been a Rennie fan but now I'm not so confident. Is it time to jump on Scott Robertson while there's a chance?

Silverado

Dick Tooth (41)
Don’t think the coach is the issue right now.
Yeah, there's a lot of the issues. Injuries aside though surely the buck stops with the coach. Cheikea and Dean's got pillaged on here. Both had better results if I remember correctly

Joe Blow

Peter Sullivan (51)
Yeah touch and go I guess. They can still do non contact and fitness drills so that won’t be an issue.
Just depends on how important Rennie feels they are.
Paisami is easier to replace.
Stocks are low at 10. Might be an excuse to play foley without denting lol’s confidence. I think he’s a step backwards though so I’m hoping it’s lol or hodge.
Despite what some think, IMHO there is a big gap from Paisami to the next in line at 12. Kerevi is another big step up again.
Surely they must have a look at Foley if Noah is available or not. If not now then when?
I think Foley may surprise a few people. His game is well rounded, he looks to be playing very well in Japan and he has a lot of experience.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
I think Jock Campbell comes in too. Apparently it was close between him and Hodge a couple of tests ago and Hodge isn't cutting the mustard. A year out from the RWC, it's time to find our fullback. Who cares that its the 'all blacks'.

Wilson

Michael Lynagh (62)
I think Jock Campbell comes in too. Apparently it was close between him and Hodge a couple of tests ago and Hodge isn't cutting the mustard. A year out from the RWC, it's time to find our fullback. Who cares that its the 'all blacks'.
If Lolesio is out with concussion than I think it's 10 Hodge, 15 Campbell with Foley on the bench.

Will be classic wallabies to have avoided debuting him all year only to throw him in to start a bledisloe.

Ignoto

Greg Davis (50)
So I've always been a Rennie fan but now I'm not so confident. Is it time to jump on Scott Robertson while there's a chance?
Curious, what makes you think that A) Scott is up for being a HC at a national level just yet and B) Why would he want to have a bar of the current crop of Wallabies.

If Rennie goes before the WC, McKellar will be taking the reigns.
Yeah, there's a lot of the issues. Injuries aside though surely the buck stops with the coach. Cheikea and Dean's got pillaged on here. Both had better results if I remember correctly
Eh, Deans had the team playing some good rugby in 2011 prior to the RWC. Hell, so much so, we will forever be the reigning Tri-Nations champions.

With the English and NZ gigs both being up for grabs in the next 12-18 months, I think some of you are living in a fantasy land that the Wallabies job is as attractive as you think, both financially and cattle wise.

Silverado

Dick Tooth (41)
Curious, what makes you think that A) Scott is up for being a HC at a national level just yet and B) Why would he want to have a bar of the current crop of Wallabies.

Eh, Deans had the team playing some good rugby in 2011 prior to the RWC. Hell, so much so, we will forever be the reigning Tri-Nations champions.

With the English and NZ gigs both being up for grabs in the next 12-18 months, I think some of you are living in a fantasy land that the Wallabies job is as attractive as you think, both financially and cattle wise.
I never said the Wallabies gig was attractive. Just said that compared to his predecessors, Rennie is getting a lot of slack based on results

Joe Blow

Peter Sullivan (51)
If Lolesio is out with concussion than I think it's 10 Hodge, 15 Campbell with Foley on the bench.

Will be classic wallabies to have avoided debuting him all year only to throw him in to start a bledisloe.
I think Rennie would play Kellaway at 15 with Petaia coming on to the wing

Viking

Mark Ella (57)

A)
Scott came out in a podcast/interview literally a couple of weeks ago stating he wants to coach 2 different international teams to win the world cup and one of those being the All Blacks. He stated he is getting old and will be 52 at the RWC27.

Given they just announced Foster is remaining HC until the RWC23, Robertson can coach the wallabies RWC23 (maybe win but probably lose) and RWC27 (win it), then he can jump ship to the darkness and win the RWC31. Then he can retire on schedule. Everyone's happy!

B)
Yeah we are screwed.

LeCheese

Peter Johnson (47)
Arguably, Hodge’s best attribute is his cannon of a boot - if that isn’t utilised in the game plan (e.g. last night), I think he’s still most suited to that bench utility role.

He absolutely had a solid game last night, but as Reg said, he got burnt for pace a few times and seemed to occasionally get caught out of position on D. I thought similarly last week as well.

If Noah’s out though, that changes things.