• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Wallabies 2023

swingpass

Peter Sullivan (51)
JB is it logical to assume no coaching input into when to touch down in goal and when to run the ball from behind your own goal line? Very likely he was carrying out instructions, or at least the instruction should have been given after the first incident if that wasn't what the coaches wanted.
no, from my viewings he consistently takes poor options. i dont rate him as a test winger and certaintly not a fullback

Viking

Mark Ella (57)
no, from my viewings he consistently takes poor options. i dont rate him as a test winger and certaintly not a fullback

I agree, I was a fan at the start but his decision making isn't getting any better. He is playing himself out of the starting jersey in my opinion. It's such as a shame as he can be a weapon on attack.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
I'd say Wright has been in better form than Petaia this year, and initially looked to be bringing his Super Rugby form into test rugby, until a few weeks ago...

Depending on the flyhalf situation, and if Hodge remains at fullback then Kellaway has likely taken his (Wright’s) wing spot.

Last edited:

dru

Tim Horan (67)
I'd say Wright has been in better form than Petaia this year, and initially looked to be bringing his Super Rugby form into test rugby, until a few weeks ago...

Depending on the flyhalf situation, and if Hodge remains at fullback then Kellaway has likely taken his wing spot.

For the life of me, I don't see it. Not that Petaia isn't a very incomplete product.

stillmissit

Chilla Wilson (44)

Depending on the flyhalf situation, and if Hodge remains at fullback then Kellaway has likely taken his wing spot.
Slim, If Kellaway is FB, who moves into 10 if Lolesio goes down?

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
I think he meant in super rugby, where Wright was pretty good. I fear he is going to be one of those exceptionally well super rugby players who just doesn't suit international rugby.

His test form was also quite strong prior to the second Argentina test, which is why I guess Rennie persisted with him…

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
wallabies rankings have an inverse relationship with the number of brumbies coaches in the team

/s

652B7F1B-2449-4720-865A-77C429090047.jpeg

Last edited:
  • I see nothing
Reactions: dru

eastman

Arch Winning (36)
The coaches need to tell Wright that he must kick the ball as opposed to running it from counter the next couple of instances - that dummy kick and go is getting fairly predictable..

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
The real issue I saw last week was Rennie getting completely outcoached. They used the same game plan as last week and expected the Springbok not to adjust? Clearly the Springboks went into this game targetting the breakdown; they would've identified the week before that the Wallabies didn't commit many to their attacking breakdowns and were spreading out wide which is where we found space. Rennie should've expected this and changed the game plan.

stillmissit

Chilla Wilson (44)
The real issue I saw last week was Rennie getting completely outcoached. They used the same game plan as last week and expected the Springbok not to adjust? Clearly the Springboks went into this game targetting the breakdown; they would've identified the week before that the Wallabies didn't commit many to their attacking breakdowns and were spreading out wide which is where we found space. Rennie should've expected this and changed the game plan.
Abso-bloody-lutely right, I was hoping that the colonel would add a lot to the breakdown but we got the same old 'don't over commit' that is so predictable even SA recognised it. The AB's will have a field day if we don't learn how to vary our breakdown work to suit the circumstances.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
wallabies rankings have an inverse relationship with the number of brumbies coaches in the team

/s

After Dan Palmer's presence in the change rooms helped us go up in the rankings last week, the answer is simple...

More Brumbies' coaches.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
On the plus side Smi the ABs usually don't commit many to the breakdown either. Probably more than we can handle with our present game plan but not as many or as fiercely as the Bokke.

eastman

Arch Winning (36)
To be fair the Springboks hardly commit any players to the breakdown and mainly try to get turnovers from the tackle (hold-up/ choke) rather than from counter-ruck.
Maybe the issue was accuracy rather than tactics?