• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Wallabies 2023

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Who was the last player to come back from League and into the forward pack?

It happens a lot with back three or centres but Brad Thorn is the only forward I can think of who came back from League

Peter Ryan did too.

Willie Mason too. Just not well.

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
I wouldn’t take the NRL hit list talk as gospel, that’s just standard Eddie propaganda. Wouldn’t be surprised if these rumours don’t leak every couple of months just to bump rugby back into the headlines

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
I think Eddie's main challenge is making his players care about, or at the very least aware of, the laws of the game.

Coz right now, there's a perception before we even get on the field that 100% is costing us games.

That’s not the problem…

The problem is ineffective aspects of their game is forcing them to infringe in an attempt for relieve the constant pressure they’re under.

Marce

John Thornett (49)
Under Rennie, I was pretty accepting that we would make the QF at the WC and getting out, not be winning back the Bledislode and would struggling through another Rugby Championship.
I like your positivism but this WC is called to be the most competitive in rugby history. Aforetime you had to beat/avoid ABs to get a real chance. Now you have to beat/avoid the best French team in history, the best Irish team in history, the ABs, the world champions (SA) and you have many teams at your same level: England, Argentina, Scotland.

It's not gonna be easy, even for the 2015 squad which has been one of the best Wallabies in the last WCs would need luck to win this WC. They lost a GF against one of the best rugby teams in professional Era (2015 ABs). Now you are far far away from that level, Eddie has a HUGE job to do in these 8 months

dillyboy

Nev Cottrell (35)
Supporters: Well GARG has never been so busy in Jan, all the social sights have never had so much rugby talk in Jan. I remember Wallabies fans having passion and atmosphere at games, that really stopped after Jones. I remember going to games pre 03 and there was always great atmosphere. When Jones left it seemed Wallabies supporters passion did as well in my opinion.

If we're bringing back Jones can we please bring back John Williamson & the crowd belting out "Waltzing Matilda" before the game please!!

Marce

John Thornett (49)
If we're bringing back Jones can we please bring back John Williamson & the crowd belting out "Waltzing Matilda" before the game please!!
More important to me. Bring back the green rings on sleeves! Once the Wallabies stopped wearing them, they lost their power, it's a fact.
eight-col-greegan.jpg

Even ISC did a great replica of those jerseys, so Asics should be able to do it:
20230117-100439.jpg

20230117-100451.jpg

With a proper white collar and the vintage numbers, please:

20230117-100422.jpg

Marce

John Thornett (49)
I remember Wallabies fans having passion and atmosphere at games, that really stopped after Jones. I remember going to games pre 03 and there was always great atmosphere. When Jones left it seemed Wallabies supporters passion did as well in my opinion.
That was cause they stopped designing the green rings on sleeves, mate. Not the players, not the coaches, not the board. The green rings are the answer:
1260b01622c192107b8657fefb857566d513e16a.webp

Believe or burst

Reactions: TSR

Italophile

Bill Watson (15)
I think Eddie's main challenge is making his players care about, or at the very least aware of, the laws of the game.

Coz right now, there's a perception before we even get on the field that 100% is costing us games.
The insane number of penalties routinely given away by England? Eddie's post-match mantra was always "We need to improve our discipline". They never did.