• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Wallabies 2023

Jimmy_Crouch

Ken Catchpole (46)
It is so good a chairman who can make tough even brutal business/management decisions. In the past RA would have been England in this example and the media would have rinsed RA for another stupid decision (in terms of letting someone go without being on gardening leave).

I like Rennie and this is brutal on him but thats why McLennan is there. He makes the big calls and he would of simply said which of these two coaches is more likely to help us win the RWC. If it is Jones then make it happen.

Rebel man

Jim Lenehan (48)
So Eddie Jones

I don’t mind it, I am to young to remember the details of his game plan the first time he coached rugby and as much as I love the game I would still defer to the better judgment of others.

But as people have mentioned here the style he employed as the Australian coach, Japanese coach and English coach was quite different and while not winning a WC he got two different squads there playing a completely different way. For mine that is a big tick.

Hopefully he is able to access what worked when he coached the wallabies before and what worked when he coached England and go for a more blended game style

Reactions: TSR

Rebel man

Jim Lenehan (48)
Joseph is an exception. The out clauses in his Roosters contract are clearly to allow him to play rugby. He could probably play AFL too if wanted but he's mapped out his career to include rugby.
Na would never make it in the AFL. Would have to drastically change his body shape to be able to cope with all the endurance stuff.

Plus he already is starting to command top dollar in the rugby codes.

Athletically he could have been a star in the AFL if he chose that path as a kid

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
Na would never make it in the AFL. Would have to drastically change his body shape to be able to cope with all the endurance stuff.

Athletically he could have been a star in the AFL if he chose that path as a kid
Folau was a big flop in AFL, from what little I remember about his career. How many goals? Single figures?

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)

That’s kind of what I was getting at, I’m not expecting him to try it out

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Not necessarily, he loves his rugby by all accounts. He won’t be on Eddie’s hit list for next year though
He was u16 last year, so assuming 17 this year, he'll be 18 next year and possibly left school? Isn't he 105kgs? He'd be physically fine and you need to get in before NRL so I don't see why he wouldn't be on the hit list to sign for 2024.

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
He was u16 last year, so assuming 17 this year, he'll be 18 next year and possibly left school? Isn't he 105kgs? He'd be physically fine and you need to get in before NRL so I don't see why he wouldn't be on the hit list to sign for 2024.
Sorry, I’m still in 2022, I meant for the 2023 World Cup. Beyond that though, yeah sure

HogansHeros

Syd Malcolm (24)
After hearing the news I was very unsure if bringing back Eddie was the right decision for Rugby Australia.

However 24hrs in, im excited.

Under Rennie, I was pretty accepting that we would make the QF at the WC and getting out, not be winning back the Bledislode and would struggling through another Rugby Championship.

Under Eddie, I'm feeling expectant of much more success.

There is undoubtably a buzz and people are actually talking about Rugby again.

Straight out Mclennan and Eddie have been on podcasts and done Interviews, straight on the front foot, i think this is great.

Hopefully turns into results, not only for the Wallabies, but for Rugby in Australia as a whole.