• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Wallabies 2023

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
What's rugby's stance on stuff like this during the ongoing court process?

NRL had a few cases where players were stood down but weren't convicted.

Confucius Say

Arch Winning (36)
KB (Kurtley Beale) won’t be going to the RWC anyway. This makes sure of it. Even if they are just allegation, his history is chequered.

dru

Tim Horan (67)
Yeap, I can't see even if he isn't convicted how he comes back into the Wallabies camp. Goes against everything about the whole crap Drew Mitchell shoves in our face about "being a good bloke".

Don't see how you can tar Mitchell here.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Yeap, I can't see even if he isn't convicted how he comes back into the Wallabies camp.

That would be a different story but in the scheme of things that would be a long way down the track and irrelevant for this year.

Given his age it is probably irrelevant for his rugby career in Australia at the very least.

If he's charged then there won't be any resolution anytime soon.

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
What's rugby's stance on stuff like this during the ongoing court process?

NRL had a few cases where players were stood down but weren't convicted.
I think they would have to stand them down while it goes through the courts to have any integrity. These can go on for a long time though as it’s often basically ‘he says she says’. Eg de Belin, Higgins etc. For someone his age it could mean the end so he’ll probably be getting a lot of game time with Randwick. He and RA/Tahs could mutually agree to end ties.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
Don't see how you can tar Mitchell here.
Old wounds.
KB (Kurtley Beale) won’t be going to the RWC anyway. This makes sure of it. Even if they are just allegation, his history is chequered.
If he isn't charged it should have no impact on his possible selection.

But based on the news article it looks like he will be so, yeah, his race is probably run.