• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Wallabies 2023

Marce

John Thornett (49)
To be honest, important skill set… particularly in a World Cup year in France.

Outside of Paris and Lyon, it gets a bit more difficult to secure a decent flat white.
Interesting topic. To add smt, the Victorians think they invented coffee but the coffee beans are from Colombia and the coffe machines are from Italy lol

I wonder which one is Eddie's favourite? I bet on Cafe latte

Marce

John Thornett (49)
Kurtley Beale should be no where near a Wallabies jersey, has done nothing in 5 years to say he would still cut it at international level anymore.
That's right. The main affected sportingly are the Tahs. Rugby on the media covers as never, in January!!!

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Reckon Pat Carrigan will be the next Kangaroo’s captain after Teddy. Would also love to see how he would go playing 6/8 in rugby. Was both the school captain and First XV captain at Terrace in his day there, where he played lock.

He’s a Jake Schatz / Curtis Browning.

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
So KB (Kurtley Beale) officially charged now.. refused bail and off to court tomorrow.

career is done.

Marce

John Thornett (49)
Reckon Pat Carrigan will be the next Kangaroo’s captain after Teddy. Would also love to see how he would go playing 6/8 in rugby. Was both the school captain and First XV captain at Terrace in his day there, where he played lock.
I didn't know his rugby background. Another lost boy to the NRL. He's a taller Michael Hooper

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
From RA

Rugby Australia and the NSW Waratahs advise that Kurtley Beale has been suspended from all forms of Rugby with immediate effect pending the conclusion of legal proceedings, as well as Rugby Australia’s own investigations.

This step follows Mr Beale’s arrest and subsequent charge with serious criminal offences, and is in line with Rugby Australia’s Professional Player Code of Conduct.

The Rugby Union Players Association (RUPA) has been informed of this development.

As this remains a legal matter, there will be no further comment until the conclusion of these proceedings.

liquor box

Greg Davis (50)
No it’s not, it’s punishing someone when you haven’t yet established any guilt.
An application to oppose bail requires the police to make a prima facie case to the magistrate that shows what evidence is held by police. It does not establish guilt but is more than mere hearsay and would demonstrate that there is a likelihood of a successful case.

He may not even get bail at the bail hearing if the evidence is sufficient to give reason to believe that he will eventually be sentenced to incarceration if found guilty.

PhilClinton

Geoff Shaw (53)
It’s wrong to stand someone down, he is entitled to the presumption of innocence just like everyone else.

It’s sounds like the RA/Tahs agreements have specific clauses in their contracts regarding code of conduct that would cover these stand downs. Regardless of whether you agree with it or not, if the player has signed the contract, they need to follow the directive.

The NRL have a similar ‘no fault clause’ in their contracts to do the same thing.

The players union are consulted about these types of clauses and have agreed to include it, so there really isn’t anything to complain about.

stillmissit

Chilla Wilson (44)
Getting back to rugby. If Jones gets an agreement regarding overseas players would he bring back Jack Maddocks as FB? I always rated him and I am hoping he has further improved over the last few years.

“But, I am proud to be Australian so if someone asked me that would be a pleasure. Now, I don’t think that will happen".