• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Wallabies 2023

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
And if it's true there is a victim in the crime who deserves a lot of help/sympathy etc I imagine. I can see why these girls/women think twice about reporting it, knowing everytime they read the news they are going to get remined of what happened.

Rebel man

Jim Lenehan (48)
An application to oppose bail requires the police to make a prima facie case to the magistrate that shows what evidence is held by police. It does not establish guilt but is more than mere hearsay and would demonstrate that there is a likelihood of a successful case.

He may not even get bail at the bail hearing if the evidence is sufficient to give reason to believe that he will eventually be sentenced to incarceration if found guilty.
What’s your point?

I am not saying the justice system shouldn’t hold him to account and I have no issue with him being jailed if found guilty.

But as of yet he hasn’t been convicted. If a magistrate decides that they believe the evidence is sufficient to deny bail then I would support their decision but also point to the fact that being remanded in custody negates having to stand him down.

Rebel man

Jim Lenehan (48)
I’m not going to argue with you over why it’s appropriate to stand someone down, pending the outcome of criminal proceedings, over serious charges like sexual assault. It is typically what's most beneficial for all parties.
“I’m not going to argue” then proceeds to do just that

Lorenzo

Colin Windon (37)
Complaint was made to Byron Bay police. Complainant lilely either lives there or was there for some other reason when they decided to lodge the complaint.

stillmissit

Chilla Wilson (44)
Complaint was made to Byron Bay police. Complainant lilely either lives there or was there for some other reason when they decided to lodge the complaint.
55, I don't understand if there is a delay in making the complaint when every woman should know what her rights are.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
55, I don't understand if there is a delay in making the complaint when every woman should know what her rights are.
Because I think a woman in this situation may just need time to think if she wants the fact she been raped in the pepers etc and remind her of what happened? I no doubt if it true she reliving it a bit now.

Ignoto

John Thornett (49)
No it’s not, it’s punishing someone when you haven’t yet established any guilt.
Going to throw it out there, if one is being charged with sexual intercourse without consent, your not going to be in the right frame of mind to be committed to work while you deal with those charges.

All up there are 4 separate sexual based charges he's facing. I'd imagine getting your legal team in place, trying to post bail and go into counselling might be a better course of action than turning up to Mondays gym session yeah?

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
The thing I find concerning from KBs perspective is why the cops had to pull him over on a busy road to arrest him when they could have just hung around at Tahs training and waited for it to finish. That said, Kingsford is not far from Daceyville. I’m speculating in my head as to the reasons for this, but I won’t here.

Members Section

John Thornett (49)
The thing I find concerning from KBs perspective is why the cops had to pull him over on a busy road to arrest him when they could have just hung around at Tahs training and waited for it to finish. That said, Kingsford is not far from Daceyville. I’m speculating in my head as to the reasons for this, but I won’t here.

Maybe they didnt want to do it at training & just arrest him when he is own his own without making too much of a scene so they just followed him out of training.

stillmissit

Chilla Wilson (44)
Rugby Australia have stood him down

I understand the implications of innocent until proven guilty but I agree with these moves in terms of putting the player into limbo but still paying him seems a fair approach.