• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Wallabies 2023

Marce

John Thornett (49)
20230208-213641.jpg

You are welcome, Nelson

Bring the big boys to the best code!

stillmissit

Chilla Wilson (44)
What do you all reckon IF Mckellar goes? I have no thoughts one way or the other on it, if I could see the impact he had made on the Wallabies I might think differently.

The Ghost of Raelene

Andrew Slack (58)
I honestly think a guy like Justin Harrisons name may come up as a Forward coach. He's polarizing and I don't know the level of his own interest, but he has some coaching experience and then a scrum coach may be the other option and why not Dan Palmer. Develop a young Aussie coach.

stillmissit

Chilla Wilson (44)
Stiles might be an option still.

Has Harrison coached before?

It might just be Lord Laurie taking a broader role.
Hope not Stiles Reg, never thought he did much good. If a good coach comes in I want to see an impact or what are they bringing?
Agree re Laurie he has proven to bring an impact at the Brumbies.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
I hope McKellar at the least sees out the year, but if he goes to Leicester and has continued success there that would really improve his stocks for any future test coach openings...

Justin Harrison's stint as a forwards coach at the Brumbies was short lived at the end of Andy Friend's tenure.

stillmissit

Chilla Wilson (44)
I hope McKellar at the least sees out the year, but if he goes to Leicester and has continued success there that would really improve his stocks for any future test coach openings...

Justin Harrison's stint as a forwards coach at the Brumbies was short lived at the end of Andy Friend's tenure.
Leicester is looking for an immediate replacement for Borthwick. According to the Roar, Cheika has thrown his hat in the ring.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
RC Fixtures (and Bledisloe) locked in.

2023 eToro Rugby Championship and Bledisloe Cup Fixtures
Wallabies v South Africa, 5:05pm SAST/1:05am AEST, Saturday 8 July at Loftus Versfeld Stadium, Pretoria
Wallabies v Argentina, 7:45pm AEST, Saturday 15 July at CommBank Stadium, Sydney
Wallabies v New Zealand, 7:45pm AEST, Saturday 29 July at Melbourne Cricket Ground, Melbourne
Wallabies v New Zealand, 2:35pm NZST/12:35pm AEST Saturday 5 August at Forsyth Barr Stadium, Dunedin

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
RC Fixtures (and Bledisloe) locked in.

2023 eToro Rugby Championship and Bledisloe Cup Fixtures
Wallabies v South Africa, 5:05pm SAST/1:05am AEST, Saturday 8 July at Loftus Versfeld Stadium, Pretoria
Wallabies v Argentina, 7:45pm AEST, Saturday 15 July at CommBank Stadium, Sydney
Wallabies v New Zealand, 7:45pm AEST, Saturday 29 July at Melbourne Cricket Ground, Melbourne
Wallabies v New Zealand, 2:35pm NZST/12:35pm AEST Saturday 5 August at Forsyth Barr Stadium, Dunedin
MCG, interesting. Another 30,000 seats for some kiwis.

Lightblue

Arch Winning (36)
The big sledge on the Wallabies losing to Italy last tour was quite arrogant looking at this latest result in the 6 Nations. Maybe Italy are just much better than they were. They fought back from 19-6 down before France closed it out. We are always quick to throw the boot in to the odd Wallaby losses to minnow nations but never consider that maybe we were just outplayed by a much improved Nation?

AFDDC346-546A-4AAD-BF94-5D3B7A91D35A.jpeg

Last edited:

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
The big sledge on the Wallabies losing to Italy last tour was quite arrogant looking at this latest result in the 6 Nations. Maybe Italy are just much better than they were. They fought back from 19-6 down before France closed it out. We are always quick to throw the boot in to the odd Wallaby losses to minnow nations but never consider that maybe we were just outplayed by a much improved Nation?

We were also pretty terrible in that game.

I think it's certainly possible to say that Italy are better than we gave them credit for but likewise we played poorly against them with a makeshift team that was asking to be beaten.

Proud Pig

Ted Thorn (20)
We were also pretty terrible in that game.

I think it's certainly possible to say that Italy are better than we gave them credit for but likewise we played poorly against them with a makeshift team that was asking to be beaten.
We were terrible that is true and Italy were a vastly improved side as well also true.
However, the team selection also showed a staggering level of arrogance.
Yes, we had injuries and a lot of games in a relatively short period meaning we had to rest players throughout the tour.
Deciding to the rest them all at the same time says that we went into the game thinking "It is only Italy we can beat them with any squad".
Sometimes players need to rest but the approach is to rest one or two at a time not significantly weaken a team because you think you are coming up against easy beats.