• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Wallabies 2023

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
Young, promising No 10s coming out of the woodwork everywhere atm. Three or four at the Tahs, including Jack Bowen, Lynagh at the Reds, Lolesio at the Brumbies, Gordon at the Rebels and Pasitoa at the Force. There simply aren't enough Aus teams in Super Rugby to keep them all here.

My prediction, during or post 2024 is that Noah will move to Japan, Will Harrison to the Brumbies, Tane Edmed to the Highlanders (NZ seem to like their red heads playing rugby) and Tom Lynagh and Carter Gordon will be fighting out for the Wallabies' No 10 jersey.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
Young, promising No 10s coming out of the woodwork everywhere atm. Three or four at the Tahs, including Jack Bowen, Lynagh at the Reds, Lolesio at the Brumbies, Gordon at the Rebels and Pasitoa at the Force. There simply aren't enough Aus teams in Super Rugby to keep them all here.

My prediction, post 2024 is that Noah will move to Japan, Will Harrison to the Brumbies, Tane Edmed to the Highlanders (NZ seem to like their red heads playing rugby) and Tom Lynagh and Gordon will be fighting out for the Wallabies' No 10 jersey.
Fucken hope not.

LeCheese

Peter Johnson (47)

My prediction, during or post 2024 is that Noah will move to Japan, Will Harrison to the Brumbies, Tane Edmed to the Highlanders (NZ seem to like their red heads playing rugby) and Tom Lynagh and Carter Gordon will be fighting out for the Wallabies' No 10 jersey.
Factor in the odd long-term injury, which 10s seem to attract, and there's almost enough room.

Noah to Japan post WC is definitely a good shout though, especially if Eddie gives him the cold shoulder.

The Red Baron

Chilla Wilson (44)

Rugby Australia sparks player war with NRL​

Rugby Australia has identified a number of NRL superstars that they'd like to poach, with Rabbitohs captain Cameron Murray also at the top of the list. Other potential targets include Manly speedster Toluta'u Koula and Parramatta centre Will Penisini.

"I’m not concerned because why would you want to leave the greatest game of all for another game?” Rugby league boss Peter V’landys (the horse racing guy) told AAP in January when asked if he was concerned about NRL players jumping ship to rugby. "There is more to it than money. There is also enjoyment and the quality. We’ve got the greatest game of all - people will always want to play the greatest game of all.

"(Any player who leaves league for union) can take their mobile phone with them on the field because they’ve got 20 minutes to tweet, Instagram or TikTok. We wish (Wallabies coach) Eddie (Jones) the best of luck, and I hope he’s got his mobile phone with him so he can fill that 30 minutes as well."

V'landys isn't going to win a trash talking competition with Eddie Jones.

TSR

Mark Ella (57)
Isn’t that an old article that Jones already responded to.

Pretty sure that one proceeding Jones referring to V’landys (the horse racing guy) ‘the horse racing guy’ or something along those lines.

Edit : either that or V’landys (the horse racing guy) is just rolling out the same lines repeatedly. He does strike me as someone who would need help coming up with new material. Don’t think he likes anyone who answers him back.

A mutterer

Chilla Wilson (44)

Pretty sure that one proceeding Jones referring to V’landys (the horse racing guy) ‘the horse racing guy’ or something along those lines.

Edit : either that or V’landys (the horse racing guy) is just rolling out the same lines repeatedly. He does strike me as someone who would need help coming up with new material. Don’t think he likes anyone who answers him back.
I personally gave a chef's kiss to Eddie's line about bumping into V'landys in a TAB

TSR

Mark Ella (57)

Pretty sure that one proceeding Jones referring to V’landys (the horse racing guy) (the horse racing guy) ‘the horse racing guy’ or something along those lines.

Edit : either that or V’landys (the horse racing guy) (the horse racing guy) is just rolling out the same lines repeatedly. He does strike me as someone who would need help coming up with new material. Don’t think he likes anyone who answers him back.
Haha - very nice whoever added the name confirmation.

Very well done.

dru

Tim Horan (67)
Factor in the odd long-term injury, which 10s seem to attract, and there's almost enough room.

Noah to Japan post WC is definitely a good shout though, especially if Eddie gives him the cold shoulder.

If you haven't made it to a stitched in locked in starting XV by 23 then move on?

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
3 within 12 months is not good - do the Rugby Australia or WR (World Rugby) (World Rugby) concussion policies have guidance around multiple concussions within a certain period?
Absolutely they do, repeat concussions means longer stand down periods

LeCheese

Peter Johnson (47)
If you haven't made it to a stitched in locked in starting XV by 23 then move on?
Turns out he's signed til '24, but it wouldn't surprise me if the last 18mo have knocked his confidence and he's a bit disenfranchised. With the number of young 10s coming through, and Eddie's apparent fondness of them, it'll be a tough gig getting back to a Wobs jersey. Hope he stays, but wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't.

LeCheese

Peter Johnson (47)
Absolutely they do, repeat concussions means longer stand down periods
Yep, no doubt, but couldn't find anything formal other than 'seeking and following advice from expert medical staff' - which is a good thing of course, but I was more looking for blanket rules (e.g. 3 concussions within 6mo is a mandatory 3month stand down)

Marce

John Thornett (49)
It’s surely just media bait
Eddie could be foxing knowing some punter was hovering?
Otherwise a great scoop!
That's a great troll by Eddie, puts enough 1st choices in there so it's not very clearly a troll but also controversial selections to get everyone talking. He knew someone would snap that.
You don't use HUGE papers writing HUGE letters if you don't want to be caught. Personally, I think this is a way to put pressure in players and I like it

Last edited: