• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Wallabies 2023

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
‘A country mile’ ? Maybe a few metres! Has had 17 Tests and hasn’t really nailed it. Others may have an opportunity to nail it?
In the time to the RWC? With a new coach? With a plan to build cohesion?

We have three realistic options, Quade Noah & JOC (James O'Connor)

Only one of those has functioning limbs

Reactions: dru

Dctarget

John Eales (66)

We have three realistic options, Quade Noah & JOC (James O'Connor) (James O'Connor)

I was talking post RWC, saying it would be foolish for Noah to leave straight away. Also I think Foley is a chance if Quade breaks down.

Lightblue

Arch Winning (36)

We have three realistic options, Quade Noah & JOC (James O'Connor) (James O'Connor)

Do you take 2 blokes who are injury prone as realistic options?
Don‘t know the answer but Super rugby form will help Eddie obviously.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Despite not having nailed it yet…

Lolesio has still been the Wallabies best performing flyhalf after Quade the last two years.

I would have thought Donaldson would be the best candidate to challenge him in the short term leading to the RWC, but Lolesio’s role in the comeback win against Wales and Donaldson now being stuck at fullback complicates things.

The other options are really going to have to make a statement this year to get a look in, at least for the RWC, otherwise they’ll remain future projects...

In my Wednesday morning opinion.

And it's only round three.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Anyways, some glowing analysis of Nick Frost from the weekend...

Frost has also taken over running the Brumbies' lineout for the first time ever while Swain rides the bench, contributing to some of the second half lineout woes from the weekend.

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member

And only one is a great flyhalf.

stillmissit

Chilla Wilson (44)
$10Million over 5 years from Rugby Australia for Joseph Suallii. WOW

The Rabbitohs' offer pales in comparison to what Rugby Australia are willing to offer up for Sua'ali'i's services. Reports last year stated that Rugby Australia had offered the teenager a whopping $10 million deal over five years.

His decision to stay at the Roosters for one more year isn't a death knell in Rugby Australia's plans however, with the Rugby World Cup coming up in 2027. It is therefore possible that Suallii will be wearing the gold Wallabies jersey in four years' time.
Strikes me that they are like Australian governments - happy to spend money they don't have. Stupid does etc.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Like Asics in Izzy Folau's contract

No, different to that. That was external sponsorship deals. That would exist too for a high profile player like Sua'ali'i.

This is a wealthy rugby fan donating money to the Australian Rugby Foundation specifically to pay the salary of a key player. This has happened with Pocock, Folau and possibly Kurtley Beale in the past to my knowledge.