• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Wallabies 2023

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
The more I think about the more I think it's likely we'll see LSL (Lukhan Salakaia-Loto) (Lukhan Salakaia-Loto) at the world cup. He's purpose built to fill the 19 role on the bench considering he can cover 6 as well at a pinch. He made the Prem team of the year in his first season up north, he's got plenty of experience in the Wallabies system, and if we are planning on starting Skelton (which we 100% should be) alongside Frost, then he'd be the perfect guy to replace one of them 50 minutes into a test match. Even better now that we don't have to use a Giteau law spot on him. There are plenty of great locks playing in super rugby right now, but apart from Frost I don't think many of them have really been standing out from the pack. Holloway will be at 6, Philip and Rodda have only just come back, Swain and Neville are good but not world beaters.
Surely not? The bloke only started half the season.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
He's not better than Richie Arnold or Rodda. I'm not sure what value his hybridness offers at #19 given he'll be playing lock. Nothing about his play screams Test lock to me.

Surely not? The bloke only started half the season.
There's nothing official and a million of these lists, checked the BTSport's, PlanetRugby's, CityAM's, Guardian's and Telegraph's and he's not on any. He was on the bench for Saints in their semi-final.

Last edited:

Mr Pilfer

Bob Loudon (25)
He's not better than Richie Arnold or Rodda. I'm not sure what value his hybridness offers at #19 given he'll be playing lock. Nothing about his play screams Test lock to me.

There's nothing official and a million of these lists, checked the BTSport's, PlanetRugby's, CityAM's, Guardian's and Telegraph's and he's not on any. He was on the bench for Saints in their semi-final.

Would prefer LSL (Lukhan Salakaia-Loto) over Hanigan but would have Leota ahead of him if fit (as well as Holloway)

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
Calf injury for AAA.

You can sound the alarm on THP.

Time for the return of the man, the myth, the legend

Jermaine-Ainsle-copy__FocusFillWyItMC4wMiIsIi0wLjQwIiwzNTAsNDYwXQ.png

Mr Pilfer

Bob Loudon (25)
Watching barbarians vs world XV and Kerevi has gone off early, haven’t heard any more detail yet
Quade looking good, also Harry Hockings very impressive

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Yeah ???

“Just a tiny little strain in his hamstring,” Jones said. “It’s to be expected, coming back from a knee reconstruction.

“I liked what I saw. [Kerevi was] powerful, quick, incisive. We will get him right for the Rugby Championship and then for the World Cup.

The Ghost of Raelene

Mark Ella (57)
hmmm doesn't fill you with confidence but hopefully he's available come Rugby Championship and ideally the last 2 games of that. We know how good he is. Bring him back with managed minutes and fresh come World Cup

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
I'm getting pretty pissed off about McKellar's job - it's Andy Friend at Connacht all over again. Just take so much Australian IP with them.
I'm less fussed about Palmer going. He's young and a coaches life is long, he'll come back better and more experienced. Also don't really care about Carter & Kata going with McKellar either.

If he signs Toole & Hooper then I'll be upset.