• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Wallabies 2023

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
This would be my 23 for the 1st test:

1. Angus Bell
2. Dave Porecki
3. Alan Ala'alatoa
4. Darcy Swain
5. Matt Phillip
6. Rob Leota
7. Michael Hooper
8. Rob Valetini
9. Nic White
10. Quade Cooper
11. Marika Korobiete
12. Samu Kerevi
13. Izaia Perese
14. Andrew Kellaway
15. Tom Banks

16. Lachlan Lonergan
17. Scott Sio
18. Taniela Tupou
19. Nick Frost
20. Jed Holloway
21. Pete Samu
22. Tate McDermott
23. James O'Connor

Assuming Ikitau is suspended still. Slipper’s performance against Laulala seems him drop out of the 23. Tupou off the bench initially.

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
This would be my 23 for the 1st test:

1. Angus Bell
2. Dave Porecki
3. Alan Ala'alatoa
4. Darcy Swain
5. Matt Phillip
6. Rob Leota
7. Michael Hooper
8. Rob Valetini
9. Nic White
10. Quade Cooper
11. Marika Korobiete
12. Samu Kerevi
13. Izaia Perese
14. Andrew Kellaway
15. Tom Banks

16. Lachlan Lonergan
17. Scott Sio
18. Taniela Tupou
19. Nick Frost
20. Jed Holloway
21. Pete Samu
22. Tate McDermott
23. James O'Connor

Assuming Ikitau is suspended still. Slipper’s performance against Laulala seems him drop out of the 23. Tupou off the bench initially.

Ikitau is available for the first game. 2 games suspension and 1 off for the tackling course.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Ikitau is available for the first game. 2 games suspension and 1 off for the tackling course.
This seems like guesswork. He was never a chance to play for the Vikings, does it say anywhere he's available? McKellar said in the press conference last night he's possibly missing the 1st Test.

“I’ve got Len Ikitau sitting in the grandstand due to an accident last week. He hasn’t been able to play and possibly won’t play against England in the first Test match.

Froggy

John Solomon (38)
Yes, no Rodda the big omission.
Others to miss include McReight, Eru, Uelese, Daugunu (probably predictable), Simone, To'omua.
Oh, and of course several more Brumbies hookers ;)

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
This seems like guesswork. He was never a chance to play for the Vikings, does it say anywhere he's available? McKellar said in the press conference last night he's probably missing the 1st Test.

Seems like guess work by you as well.. All the news I've read was that if they made the final it be the two games, if not he'd turn out for the Vikings and be available for the first test.

Rebel man

Peter Johnson (47)
Who you selecting instead...I'm actually interested,. Hodge .. ok but meh.. Campbell possibly.. but fullback not a wing.
Hodge has played 10, centre wing and full back at test level. If you are picking someone in the 23 jersey to be a backline utility you take him every day of the week. Dylan Pietsch is also more deserving.

Also Suli has missed that much through injury he is one who 100% would benefit from playing good minutes for Aus A. See how he goes with an eye to the rugby championship. Again where as someone like gains little from playing for Aus A and would be less negatively impacted by being a squad player

Marce

John Thornett (49)
My starting XV according the squad

1 Angus Bell
2 Dave Porecki
3 Taniela Tupou
4 Matt Philip
5 Darcy Swain
6 Rob Leota
7 Michael Hooper
8 Rob Valetini
9 Tate McDermott
10 Quade Cooper
11 Marika Koroibete
12 Samu Kerevi
13 Len Ikitau
14 Tom Wright
15 Tom Banks

16 Folau Fainga'a
17 James Slipper
18 Allan Allalatoa
19 Jed Holloway
20 Pete Samu
21 Nic White
22 James O'Connor
23 Andrew Kellaway

Last edited:

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
Hodge has played 10, centre wing and full back at test level. If you are picking someone in the 23 jersey to be a backline utility you take him every day of the week. Dylan Pietsch is also more deserving.

Also Suli has missed that much through injury he is one who 100% would benefit from playing good minutes for Aus A. See how he goes with an eye to the rugby championship. Again where as someone like gains little from playing for Aus A and would be less negatively impacted by being a squad player
Do we know how Australia A going to be picked? Will squad players be selected or totally separate team.