• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Wallabies 2023

RebelYell

Arch Winning (36)
Wallabies:
Bell, Fainga'a Tupou, Rodda, Swain, Leota, Hooper, Valetini, White, JOC (James O'Connor) (James O'Connor), Kerevi, Ikitau, Koroibete, Kellaway, Banks.
Porecki, Slipper, Allan, Holloway McReight, Tate, Quade, Petaia.
Reserves (with team): Kaitu'u, Sio, Philip, Samu, Gordon, Hodge, Wright, Paisami.

Australia A:
HJH (Harry Johnson-Holmes) (Harry Johnson-Holmes), Lonergan, Eloff, Frost, Neville, Hanigan, Wright, Wilson, Lonergan, Lolesio, Vunivalu, Foketi, Perese, Daugunu, Campbell.
Pollard, Robertson, Pone, R.Smith, Harris, Tuttle, Pasitoa, Muirhead
Reserves (with team): McInerney, Gibbon, Hooper, Uru, Fines, Gordon, Donaldson, Stewart, Pietsch
Wallaby squad players I missed: Pone, Lonergan, Frost, Neville, Wilson, Lolesio, Perese
Players I selected who weren't named today: Kaitu'u, Rodda, McReight, Hodge

That A squad won't have many changes IMO - I understand Eloff might not be eligible, and maybe I've been a bit harsh selecting Gibbon ahead of Hoopert.

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
Pretty decent squad when you can leave out McReight, Hodge, Kaitu’u, Uelese etc.
Only area I’m not happy with is fullback. If Banks shits the bed we have Kellaway or Petaia? Yikes.

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
Not a single Western Force player.

Someone's fucked now:

shigginsmeme.jpg

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
I really hate how they don't split it into positions. I'll do the work:

Props: Sio, Slipper, Bell, Tupou, Ala'alatoa, Pone
Hookers: Porecki, Longergan, Fainga'a
Locks: Swain, Phillip, Neville, Frost, Holloway
Backrow: Wilson, Valetini, Hooper, Leota, Samu
9s: White, McDermott, Gordon,
10s: Quade, JOC (James O'Connor) (James O'Connor), Lolesio
Wingers: Wright, Vunivalui, Petaia, Korobiete
Centres: Perese, Paisami, Kerevi, Ikitau
15s: Kellaway, Banks
9's look strong. good depth.
10's look shaky as hell. either too young or too old. God only knows what they see in Lolesio.
15's look like placeholders until the next Folau etc comes along
Centres look solid, would have them over Havili, the ghost of Goodhue, and Donkeypants Ennor in a heartbeat.

Wilson

David Codey (61)
If England want to go high on Perese be my guest, he has insane upper body strength always bumps off the first tackler and even if wrapped up gets the arm free.
Based on Rennie's appearance on rugby heaven this week he rates Ikitau and Paisami ahead of Perese - they were the only two he talked about when asked about 13's and the qualities he said he looks for - distribution, defensive decision making/organisation, power through contact and kicking fit them better than Perese at the moment.

When he was asked about Perese later he did have plenty complimentary to say, particularly about him trying to add more to his game like kicking, but the impression I got was he is more likely to get time off the bench as utility in the early part of the international season. Things might change if Kerevi becomes unavailable through the season though.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
I like Paisami but I don't want him playing anything but 12, that might mean Kerevi at 13 but he has really struggled to break the line or set up a man outside him. Perese might not pass the ball but at 13 he can beat his man (or draw the winger in) either through a tackle break or offload to set up a free winger.