• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Wallabies 2023

Drew

Bob Davidson (42)
Article by tony harper on the roar has just summarized DR selection press conference:

Rodda out for up to 3 months.

Tupou racing time to make the first test with HJH (Harry Johnson-Holmes) as back up.

Kurtley Beale won’t be considered for Eng series.

Better for McReight to play in A team as he wouldn’t be required for the 23 unless Hooper is injured as Samu can cover.

Vunivalu picked because they want to keep developing him.

Len Ikitau WILL be right for the first Test

Viking

Mark Ella (57)
Fair call then on McReight.

I would just like to acknowledge the form of Scott Sio. I would have him ahead of Slipper based on the last 4-5 Brumbies games. Bell is looking good too but not sure who the best scrummager is out of the three.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
Paisami and Vunivalu are both pretty lucky to be picked IMO.

Paisami in particular. This year I'd be picking Kerevi, Simone and then Foketi ahead of him, in that order.

I wouldn't play him at 13 at all unless he was last man standing.

I also think Samu and Pone are lucky to be there.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Article by tony harper on the roar has just summarized DR selection press conference:

Tupou racing time to make the first test with HJH (Harry Johnson-Holmes) (Harry Johnson-Holmes) as back up.

I thought TT was missing the first test anyway for the birth of his child?

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
Fair call then on McReight.

I would just like to acknowledge the form of Scott Sio. I would have him ahead of Slipper based on the last 4-5 Brumbies games. Bell is looking good too but not sure who the best scrummager is out of the three.
Sio did well last night after Slipper got pasted.. the 3 for the blues is a beast

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
There doesn't seem to be any shock omissions does there? Makes sense with McReight etc playing for A team, if you got the team make most of it.