• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Wallabies 2023

Drew

Bob Davidson (42)
I’d say a pass mark is 1/3 wins. We’ve been pumped 7 times in a row and this squad doesn’t fill me with confidence.
I’m with you. If Tupou missing it will be an issue against the English scrum. And Petaia is a freak athlete and could no doubt be a class 15, there are just questions over his durability.

Members Section

John Thornett (49)
If Rodda is out for 3 months we would have to pick Arnold or Skelton for the RC, hopefully we have locked up Kerevi by then so no one has to miss out.

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
I’m with you. If Tupou missing it will be an issue against the English scrum. And Petaia is a freak athlete and could no doubt be a class 15, there are just questions over his durability.
Yeah maybe he has a higher ceiling than Freddie Steward, but right now Freddie catches 9/10 high balls, tackles well & can play 80 minutes. Yet to see that from Petaia on the world stage.

also question marks over our halves. We’d kill for the conundrum of Smith/Farrell/Ford.

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
Just went back & looked at our last match against England, 32 to 15 drubbing in London.

we had Beale, Skelton, Arnold & Latu. No Kerevi, Cooper or Koroibete.
We’ll have the same forward pack except Philip & Swain instead of Arnold & Rodda.
Backline will be very different you’d imagine. With only White, Kellaway & Ikitau staying. Cooper, Kerevi, Koroibete & Banks to slot in.

ehhh I don’t know if they swing the game. Hopefully we get the new & enlightened Cooper.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
Just went back & looked at our last match against England, 32 to 15 drubbing in London.

we had Beale, Skelton, Arnold & Latu. No Kerevi, Cooper or Koroibete.
We’ll have the same forward pack except Philip & Swain instead of Arnold & Rodda.
Backline will be very different you’d imagine. With only White, Kellaway & Ikitau staying. Cooper, Kerevi, Koroibete & Banks to slot in.

ehhh I don’t know if they swing the game. Hopefully we get the new & enlightened Cooper.
They could easily swing the game. That's the backline that did South Africa in twice.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
15 brumbies players in wallabies squad vs 7 for reds and 6 for tahs. So I guess that clears up to some who still might not think the brumbies are the dominant and leading super rugby oz franchise…

Not sure who thought they weren’t the dominant team this year.

Have been the leading Oz franchise since rugby went pro.

They were always going to dominate the squad number.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Not sure who thought they weren’t the dominant team this year.

Have been the leading Oz franchise since rugby went pro.

They were always going to dominate the squad number.
Those with chipped shoulders, probs.
People shouldn't confuse disdain for the style (not saying that's right, but it is what it is) vs its effect. Brumbies play very effective rugby.

eastman

Arch Winning (36)
But we have Samu and Koroibete in the back line. That gives us plenty of go forward especially if Perese plays 13
Perese won’t be playing 13 (or at least starting there) - he’s too flawed at this stage to be trusted on the international stage.

Vunivalu isn’t there for go forward- he’s there because he’s the most talented finisher in the squad and has a handy vertical leap.

Joe Blow

Peter Sullivan (51)
There doesn't seem to be any shock omissions does there? Makes sense with McReight etc playing for A team, if you got the team make most of it.
Only if Hooper doesn’t go down in the first 10 minutes of any test
You don't have Kerevi always, it's good to have another option in the squad
Back ups are Paisami and
You don't have Kerevi always, it's good to have another option in the squad
I am guessing he has Paisami and JOC (James O'Connor) and then Perese as a last option. If one or more of Kerevi and they go down then he has Foketi and Simone waiting to be called up.