• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Wallabies 2023

SouthernX

Peter Johnson (47)
Guys more developments re: Eddie and the Japan job.
what do we think the future will look like?

Let’s start talking new coaches depending after this Wales result….

One name i would like to present
Brad Thorn.

I think he could be a really good coach with a good support staff and access to New Star players

Tomthumb

Colin Windon (37)
Did Romania then go undefeated in their other matches?

I was in South Africa,

We beat NZ and smashed Wales. We had injuries v Eng and IMO were the better side. Definitely better than SA.
England smashed Fiji and we struggled mightily with them. It's easy to say we would have beaten everyone, would be nice if we did for a change

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Let’s start talking new coaches depending after this Wales result….

One name i would like to present
Brad Thorn.

I think he could be a really good coach with a good support staff and access to New Star players

giphy.gif

You remember the chaos at the Reds, right?

SouthernX

Peter Johnson (47)
Eddie denied it.

If there’s smoke there’s usually fire.

I don’t think the Aus media is Eddie friend so I’m sure some stuff might be sensationalised in search of the story.

Goosestep

Syd Malcolm (24)
Yeah but we are a graveyard for successful coaches. Robbie Deans, Ewen McKenzie, Michael Cheika, Dave Rennie and Eddie Jones. All successful elsewhere, all failed here

why would Ronan O’Gara be any different?
Let’s be honest Robbie deans was coaching world XVs at the crusaders … all star sides …

he’s done nothing since

it’s the equivalent of being the “coach” of lebron James or Tom Brady

Last edited:

Tomthumb

Colin Windon (37)
Let’s be honest Robbie deans was coaching world XVs at the crusaders and ABs… all star sides …

he’s done nothing since

Define a good coach then, because I’ve yet to find one winning championships without a great team

Members Section

John Thornett (49)
Let’s be honest Robbie deans was coaching world XVs at the crusaders and ABs… all star sides …

he’s done nothing since

I'm not a defender of Deans but I have to disagree on whats he done since, he has been very successful in japan & yes you can say its only Japan but at the same time only a few clubs can afford him now.

My main issue with Deans is he tried to replicate the nzru model which just doesn't work with us we will never have the depth with the nrl offering 16 y/o contracts. And then there is the whole not picking Gits on the world cup squad.

Froggy

John Solomon (38)
Cheika on the other hand, has succeeded everywher but the Wallabies (even the Tahs ffs)!
But most people on here trashed him and called him childish names because he wore his heart on his sleave (not surprising considering his Lebanese background) and came from NSW.
Our performances under Deans, McKenzie, Cheika and Rennie weren't up to what a lot of people hoped (particularly those under 40 who only remember the glory years of McQueen/Eales) but under Jones we are reaching lows not seen in my 55 years of following the game.

SouthernX

Peter Johnson (47)
Cheika on the other hand, has succeeded everywher but the Wallabies (even the Tahs ffs)!
But most people on here trashed him and called him childish names because he wore his heart on his sleave (not surprising considering his Lebanese background) and came from NSW.
Our performances under Deans, McKenzie, Cheika and Rennie weren't up to what a lot of people hoped (particularly those under 40 who only remember the glory years of McQueen/Eales) but under Jones we are reaching lows not seen in my 55 years of following the game.

I would say Cheika has succeeded at wallabies.

Unfortunately succeeding came in 2015 at the World Cup and it was all downhill/hot seat until the next World Cup in 2019

Tomthumb

Colin Windon (37)
Have you seen Argentina at the World Cup? They might be the only team worse than we are