• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Wallabies 2023

LeCheese

Peter Johnson (47)
Cheika is in his element with Argentina, he is highly emotional and drives players from that base and Argentina is also emotionally driven. This is a marriage made in heaven for Cheika. After this gig is over would love to see him coach Italy, bet he could lift them as well.
His persistence with the black turtleneck and suit combo would lend him well to the Italians too

dillyboy

Nev Cottrell (35)
Didn't know where best to post this but I just realised (late to the party I know) WTF is with Bledisloe cup game 1 being on a Thursday night in Melbourne - has the prestige of rugby dropped that far in Australia???

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Didn't know where best to post this but I just realised (late to the party I know) WTF is with Bledisloe cup game 1 being on a Thursday night in Melbourne - has the prestige of rugby dropped that far in Australia???
Nine pay the bills and Nine want it on Thursday. They have NRL finals on the weekend and they don't want their products clashing.

Wilson

David Codey (61)
It might complicate selections - with a 12 day stand down for concussions I think Paisami and Lolesio might end up unavailable.

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
It might complicate selections - with a 12 day stand down for concussions I think Paisami and Lolesio might end up unavailable.
My understanding is, it's 12 days stand down if the player has as history of concussions, or they dont have a history but they fail their third HIA test at 72 hours post game.

If they don't have a history of concussions, and they pass their 2nd and 3rd tests then they can return at 7 days.

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
My understanding is, it's 12 days stand down if the player has as history of concussions, or they dont have a history but they fail their third HIA test at 72 hours post game.

If they don't have a history of concussions, and they pass their 2nd and 3rd tests then they can return at 7 days.
Worst case we can just get irelands doctor in for a week or two

Wilson

David Codey (61)

There's still some chance they play, but it looks unlikely to me.

Given Paisami last picked up a concussion during the first Argentina game it's hard to see him being cleared. Not sure what qualifies as history but Noah was also concussed and forced to miss week back in May this year.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
Won't be too bad if Foketi comes in at 12. I still reckon the combination of Foketi with Ikitau has been our best in the centres this year.

Foley to start at 10 if Noah misses out. Not impressive but a real step up from JOC (James O'Connor) and Hodge at 10. Wright did very good under the high ball when he moved to fullback but Hodge is still our best option there imo.

tragic

John Solomon (38)
Am I missing something here?
Sat - Thu is 12 nights. And the game is 30mins later so it’s >12 x 24hrs between games.
They’ll be fine to play.

Lightblue

Arch Winning (36)
Won't be too bad if Foketi comes in at 12. I still reckon the combination of Foketi with Ikitau has been our best in the centres this year.

Foley to start at 10 if Noah misses out. Not impressive but a real step up from JOC (James O'Connor) (James O'Connor) and Hodge at 10. Wright did very good under the high ball when he moved to fullback but Hodge is still our best option there imo.
Pre concussion, I still thought Lolesio not the man to be your chief playmaker. He doesn’t create anything. Unfortunately though with Quade out and unlikely to make it back, who is? That is why Foley has been brought back obviously…. can he step up to Test footy though…?.. against an angry AB’s..

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
There's still some chance they play, but it looks unlikely to me.

Given Paisami last picked up a concussion during the first Argentina game it's hard to see him being cleared. Not sure what qualifies as history but Noah was also concussed and forced to miss week back in May this year.
History counts as;
1. Concussed within last 3 months4. Reduced impact threshold noted*
2. Three or more concussions in the last 12 months5. Any previous concussion complicated by psychological issues
3. Five or more career concussions6. Previous concussion with prolonged recovery (>21 days)

So Paisami unlikely to play if he was concussed against Argentina.

Wilson

David Codey (61)
Am I missing something here?
Sat - Thu is 12 nights. And the game is 30mins later so it’s >12 x 24hrs between games.
They’ll be fine to play.
30 minutes later means there's 12 days and 30 minutes between kick offs, but both concussions were during the game, with Noah's coming on the second half. They might be ok but it's running right up against the time and I'd be surprised if they were playing them when on cleared minutes before the game.