• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Wallabies 2023

LeCheese

Peter Johnson (47)
Every report has said Nawa which seems correct.

This list only involves players playing right now for Super Rugby teams based on what I can see.
Yep - for mine it looks like overseas players could be listed behind his hand in red, under where it seems to say 'OS'

SouthernX

Peter Johnson (47)
Suprised not to see Carter Gordon name there.

I think with his performance the last 2 weeks, long as he keeps up the form and keeps banking these team of the week performances he will find his way into the wallabies frame.

Reactions: dru

Lightblue

Arch Winning (36)
Suprised not to see Carter Gordon name there.

I think with his performance the last 2 weeks, long as he keeps up the form and keeps banking these team of the week performances he will find his way into the wallabies frame.
Agree… has played well so far… maybe Eddie doesn’t like his haircut!

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Swain and Neville..... Just absolute piss taking having either of them over Frost.

to be fair the Brumbies have hit paydirt with quality from the bench (White, Loloesio, Neville, Slipper for the first game, etc).

Perhaps Eddie wants to do the same? There is certain merit in bringing Frost on for 25 or so and telling him to go nuts. Of course I wouldn't have Swain anywhere near the wallaby team at the moment, but Eddie loves a hot head.

dru

Tim Horan (67)
to be fair the Brumbies have hit paydirt with quality from the bench (White, Loloesio, Neville, Slipper for the first game, etc).

Perhaps Eddie wants to do the same? There is certain merit in bringing Frost on for 25 or so and telling him to go nuts. Of course I wouldn't have Swain anywhere near the wallaby team at the moment, but Eddie loves a hot head.

Captain if history repeats. Consistent with the "smash and grab" great rugby swindle too. ;)

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
It's also just a list Eddie Jones jotted on a piece of paper. Did a vast amount of thought go into each name and where they were positioned before he wrote anything down or was it just a rough draft of players that are standing out to him? There's no names crossed out on the list so it's clear he didn't rejig things as he thought of different people or reconsidered the order.

barbarian

Phil Kearns (64)
Staff member
It's also just a list Eddie Jones jotted on a piece of paper. Did a vast amount of thought go into each name and where they were positioned before he wrote anything down or was it just a rough draft of players that are standing out to him? There's no names crossed out on the list so it's clear he didn't rejig things as he thought of different people or reconsidered the order.
It only confirms my belief that Eddie's natural home is right here on the forum.

Scrawling a team in the middle of round two is peak GAGR. In two weeks he will be shouting at nearby spectators that Hooper is really a 12.

The Ghost of Raelene

Andrew Slack (58)
B8EF129C-A0B3-4D10-8679-5FA3E0F9314A.jpeg