• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Wallabies 31 Man Squad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
and if we had someone who could tackle, run straight, take on defenders, accept contact and create better opportunities he would be selected.

My response was more that you queried JOC (James O'Connor) not being an international flyhalf on those characteristics.

Sure, JOC (James O'Connor) can do those things, but those things don't make an international flyhalf.

Hopefully JOC (James O'Connor) shows he is an international level flyhalf in this series, but he hasn't shown he is one yet by any means.

Scotty

David Codey (61)
As I have said before, Genia or White to start, Phipps to finish is my bet.

It is rare we will want more kicking in the last 10 to 15 minutes.

JOC (James O'Connor) isn't international flyhalf standard? well we will see, he tackles, runs straight and takes on defenders and accepts contact. It appears that is what the coach wants in a 10

Our coach wants us to play league - one out straight runners then bomb or kick pass to the corner. We might have a chance with Folau in the starting team.

Christopher McDonald

Peter Burge (5)
Hi everyone, does anyone have a complete list of the injured players for both the Lions and the Wallabies who, if not for being injured, would more than likely be part of the match day 22? Cheers!

Dumbledore

Dick Tooth (41)
My response was more that you queried JOC (James O'Connor) not being an international flyhalf on those characteristics.

Sure, JOC (James O'Connor) can do those things, but those things don't make an international flyhalf.

Hopefully JOC (James O'Connor) shows he is an international level flyhalf in this series, but he hasn't shown he is one yet by any means.
Well the two times he's played flyhalf at Test level he was above average. How many times do you have to do it to show you are 'international level?'

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Hi everyone, does anyone have a complete list of the injured players for both the Lions and the Wallabies who, if not for being injured, would more than likely be part of the match day 22? Cheers!

Wallabies:

David Pocock
Scott Higginbotham
Sitaleki Timani
George Smith
Digby Ioane
Tatafu Polota-Nau

Lions:

Cian Healy
Stephen Ferris
Luke Charteris

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Nic White coming off injured after less than 10 minutes is pretty big news.

Hopefully it's not as bad as it seems.

ChargerWA

Mark Loane (55)
Kimlin should come into the 31 man squad to cover 6 after a performance like that. I have thought he has been underrated this year.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Kimlin should come into the 31 man squad to cover 6 after a performance like that. I have thought he has been underrated this year.

Kimlin certainly deserves to be in the squad ahead of McCalman based on his recent form........

Burgess hasn't done anything to suggest he deserves to be anywhere near the squad.........

And I think Sio has pipped Palmer for a chance to be in the squad....... what a player.........

lewisr

Bill McLean (32)
Kimlin certainly deserves to be in the squad ahead of McCalman based on his recent form....

Burgess hasn't done anything to suggest he deserves to be anywhere near the squad...

And I think Sio has pipped Palmer for a chance to be in the squad... what a player...

Who would you put in ahead of him though? That's assuming white is injured. Do we just go two scrummies?

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
I guess it depends on how White pulls up........

If he's out then either we go 2 scrummies or give Burgess a spot for the sake of having 3......

If White is good to go then he deserves to be Genia's backup.........

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
My point was you can't base anything off his performance, for or against his case. The decision to potentially pick him has been done already.

Status
Not open for further replies.