• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Wallabies 31 Man Squad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Wibble.

I've defended pretty much every single one of Deans' selections - because there's been an obvious logic behind them. Phipps and McCalman are just weird though.

Was that Wibble in the full E Blackadder uniform - undies and pencils?

P

Paradox

What pisses me off most about the white non selection is that he has responded magnificently to not being selected. Surely that's a quality coaches are looking for. Furthermore, his game looks to be a perfect fit for test rugby

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
This ridiculous. The man until yesterday hadn't had played a few minutes in 3 months and now after one losing Shute Shield match he's invites to wallaby training. Australian Rugby is becoming a farce.

C'mon Sully. Down our way we get a kid straight of school, who was overlooked by Aust Schools, being invited to participate in Tahs EPS before playing a Shute Shield or Colts game. Same kid didn't even make the Aust U20's squad for Junior Bill.

The Farce is being played out at many levels.

lewisr

Bill McLean (32)
Just so everyone knows (don't know if its already been said), if it is his first dislocation you can often go through a month of heavy rehab and then strap the hell out of it for a while and get away with playing. McCabe did this at the world cup. He will eventually need the reco as the labrum will be torn but hopefully we'll see him against the BILs!!

As for the Phipps over White and to a lesser extend Beale over Mogg, I am completely dumbfounded. Why the f*ck would you not select him. It is quite literally an insult and I think Deans has lost it. At this stage, it appears white will have to walk on water to make the squad.

What little faith I had in his 'logic' has been completely shattered. A disgrace and an absolute joke.

p.Tah

John Thornett (49)
Only if Sexton gets injured. I never understood the selection of Farrell and last night didn't change my view.
Farrell's goal kicking was better than Sextons last night, perhaps thats the reason, but I agree I'd pick Sexton ahead of Farrell.

Brumbieman

Dick Tooth (41)
I see Dennis getting picked at 6 over Mowen.

Of course he will.

No one was actually expecting Dingo to make the right selection was he?

Nick Phipps for christs sake.

I no longer have any hope for this series. The squad/team we could have picked and gone with, and gameplan/attitude to match it, was genuinely excellent. If Link were coaching it i'd back it against anyone in the world, right now, on any ground.

What we have instead is Deans reverting to his defence/minimisation gameplan which hasn't ever won anything, nor will, just in time for us to get wiped by the lions like a dirty arse. A once in 12 year series, an opportunity to really stamp rugby back in the minds of our population over league, win new fans, stick some serious cash in the bank and then ride the wave of support to ensure we keep growing etc etc et-fucking-cetera, and instead we're going with this.

Fuck this shit.

KevinO

John Hipwell (52)
You people are crazy, Nick Phipps will not see any game time this series.

It's tactical, Hill now has to bring Burgess into the Rebels squad as a injury replacement for Kingi this weekend so we have 2 scrum halfs in the squad. Meaning he has played Super Rugby and is available for the Wallabies.

ChargerWA

Mark Loane (55)
One injury to Genia and Phipps starts against the Lions.

While Nick White twiddles his thumbs. Surely no one feels good about that.

Status
Not open for further replies.