• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Wallabies best 3-2-1 vs All Blacks in Hong Kong

Status
Not open for further replies.

jason

Sydney Middleton (9)
Completely based on their 1 point win over us. Gits' kicking has a lot to answer for

Pfft let them think what they want. They're stuck with Johnson til the RWC now. Let's see who's "awesome" at Twickers on the 13th. Guessing you'll be there again this year Gagger?

dobduff11

Trevor Allan (34)
I don't think that came out right Gagger,

I didn't mean that it was apparent we were awesome but that apparently we are awesome (labelled by the press)

Yeh Aus should have won that match, also Jason you'll see Shontayne hape, Mike tindall and Mark Cueto are some of the most dangerous attacking backs on the planet I bet they will scythe the wallabies open with ease.

Gagger

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Staff member
Have applied for press accred this time round. Here's hoping!

got what you meant there dob. Incredibly fickle press here

jason

Sydney Middleton (9)
Yeh Aus should have won that match, also Jason you'll see Shontayne hape, Mike tindall and Mark Cueto are some of the most dangerous attacking backs on the planet I bet they will scythe the wallabies open with ease.

Well played, sir.

Have applied for press accred this time round. Here's hoping!

Good luck. I'll be there with my (pommy) girlfriend's Dad and brothers...should be great.

Ham

Sydney Middleton (9)
Backs always get too much credit. Beale and JOC (James O'Connor) had great flashes of brilliance but weren't consistent enough for a 3-2-1 spot. Does anyone remember Beale's 'tackle' on Cory Jane, or JOC (James O'Connor)'s grubber kick from 65 metres out? My votes go to:-

3. Pocock
2. Elsom
1. Sharpe

dobduff11

Trevor Allan (34)
Ham i do remember JOC (James O'Connor)'s grubber yeah I did remember it but it sort of worked so never mind

Also Beale's tackle on Jane, that is an impossible situation unless you are david pocock (tackling machine), If you anticipate the step he scores in the corner, if you go all out he steps you you literally can't make those tackles

chequebalance

Bill Watson (15)
3. Beale - He is explosive!
2. JOC (James O'Connor) - His ability to hold his feet and push through a tackle is amazing.
1. Bam - As per usual not much more to say..

Think Rocky and McCalman had a good game as well, showed a lot of intensity.

V

vert

3. KBeale. That run after the turnover with 30 seconds to go, wouldn't have won without it. On top of the kick chases and ballwork. Set up AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) perfectly
2. DPocock. Same old best forward since the start of the year. Can't fault him on to much
1. AACooper. People forget 2 tries, one was a killer, good presence, defence was good enough.
O'Connor was good but apart from the two kicks and the try i couldnt slam him into the top three.

Aussies WORST 3
1.Chisolm. Appauling, missed tackles dropped balls, no presence.
2.Giteau- First five minutes were his best, barnes has to shut him out. gottten worse ever since they started paying him more.
3.Moore- Watch all the all blacks tries and moore is never far away, either beaten on the outside cause he's a turtle or he was lazy. Scrums were bad, lineouts were only good thing, but still.... need TPN

V

vert

what about beales tackle on mealamu. Not many couldve stopped him that close

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
Ham i do remember JOC (James O'Connor)'s grubber yeah I did remember it but it sort of worked so never mind

Also Beale's tackle on Jane, that is an impossible situation unless you are david pocock (tackling machine), If you anticipate the step he scores in the corner, if you go all out he steps you you literally can't make those tackles

Jane had a similar situation in reverse with AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) and never laid a glove on him. Gregans don't happen all that often, with that much space 90% of the time the attacking team will score.

matty_k

Peter Johnson (47)
Staff member
what about beales tackle on mealamu. Not many couldve stopped him that close

There was a video posted by ARU showing Gilbert practicing that exact tackle on Wil Genia. It was a carbon copy.

Gooch

Fred Wood (13)
3 - Pocock (seems unstoppable)
2 - Beale (getting more and more dangerouser)
1 - McCalman (solid performance)

Running Rugby

Sydney Middleton (9)
3- Pocock (continues to get better)
2- Beale (decision making at fullback has improved and has become a real attacking threat, he also seems to be enjoying the game at the moment which might be the key to his success)
1- Elsom (as an observer I think he finally showed better leadership than during the Tri- nations and if this continues to improve it can only help Australia).

Also thumbs up to Genia who seemed to be more at ease with the decisions he was making at the back of the breakdown. Still a bit rusty and probably needed to run a little more but a definite progress.

Status
Not open for further replies.