• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Wallabies best 3-2-1 vs All Blacks in Hong Kong

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Yeah Right, I don't really pity the poor poms. Everything they get, they deserve.

I have some pity for myself and anyone else in the SuperBru footy tipping. Once the scores and margins are entered, they can not be changed.

My tips were based on a complacent NZRT taking on a "talked up by the press" Roses with a fit JW playing to ensure that their score was divisible by 3.

Wrong on both accounts.

disco

Chilla Wilson (44)
A bit hard, the long range kicker is on a hiding to nothing under that criteria. Long range goals are pure speculators

Speculators we should never take as it would have been better to go the lineout & let our backs have a go. What makes those two speculators even worse was they turned down a sure 3 points later on & ended up scoring the 1st try off a tap.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
In the bookie world, they sometimes suspend betting on ultra hot favourites.

How soon before we stop taking bets on Bam Bam in the 3-2-1?

Mr Consistency.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
have only just watched the game and haven't read comments, so:

3 Pocock
2 Alexander
1 Rocky.

Thought Sharpe, McCalman, Genia's pass and Beale were all very good too.

Cyril Towers (30)
have only just watched the game and haven't read comments, so:

3 Pocock
2 Alexander
1 Rocky.

Thought Sharpe, McCalman, Genia's pass and Beale were all very good too.

Alexander was good around the paddock, but he struggled big time in the scrums. I think you're being a bit generous, Reg.

Cutter

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
3. Beale
2. Pocock
1. Alexander

Special mention to Sharpe and AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper). The scrum woes weren't Alexander's fault.

I didn't think Rocky played all that well. Kaino and Read outplayed Rocky and McCalman. Slipper did very well when he came on together with Barnes and Burgess.

W

WB3

I didn't think Rocky played all that well. Kaino and Read outplayed Rocky and McCalman. Slipper did very well when he came on together with Barnes and Burgess.

Rocky has been in a terrible habit of catching the ball flat footed recently. He does well whenever he runs onto the pill but I saw precious little of that last night.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Alexander was good around the paddock, but he struggled big time in the scrums. I think you're being a bit generous, Reg.

I thought the scrum was better in the 2nd; I thought the ref controlled the scrums terribly; I thought Robbo struggled as well.

Crow

Jimmy Flynn (14)
Rocky has been in a terrible habit of catching the ball flat footed recently. He does well whenever he runs onto the pill but I saw precious little of that last night.

I think it was Robbie's best performance as captain, though. He didn't seem too chatty or put the ref offside. I also think that he 'marshaled the troops' well. Hopefully this area of his performance will continue to improve.

W

WB3

I think it was Robbie's best performance as captain, though. He didn't seem too chatty or put the ref offside. I also think that he 'marshaled the troops' well. Hopefully this area of his performance will continue to improve.

I thought Robbie was coaching??

Seriously though, I agree that he lead well but I don't think he played well as an individual. If he gets both together he might be a very good captain yet.

Gagger

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Staff member
Yeh they always seem to think the wallabies are vulnerable and do tend to think of the all blacks as gods

However last time the all blacks came over to play us after to losing to RSA they did a load of articles in the papers about how to beat the AB's because of their vulnerable lineout and scrum. The press tend to think england are awesome are awful, at the moment we are apparently awesome. TBH i dont think we should have beaten the wallabies in June and i dont think we will beat the blacks

Completely based on their 1 point win over us. Gits' kicking has a lot to answer for

Status
Not open for further replies.