• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Wallabies best 3-2-1 vs All Blacks in Hong Kong

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scotty

David Codey (61)
3 Beale
2 Pocock
1 JOC (James O'Connor)

I wouldn't be moving JOC (James O'Connor) to 12 if Cooper is still there though. I think it either needs to be 10 Barnes, 12 JOC (James O'Connor) or 10 Cooper, 12 Barnes.

Spewn

Alex Ross (28)
Rob Edgerton- 3
JOC (James O'Connor), Pocock, Beale - each.

I think we are missing the main reason for the win. Edgo's beautiful sideline man management work. What a debut.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
How many people giving Bieber boy 3-2-1 points were howling for Dingo to bench him?

I still reckon he needs to be closer in towards the action.

Me, many times. His magnificent contribution late in the match PROVES he should come on (at 10, 11, 12, 14 or 15) against a tired opposition.

3. Pocock
2. Beale
1. McCalman

Lindo, Here's me having a go at Bieber boys fairweather friends. You fess up to my fishing expedition about the hypocrats who were baying for blood in the build up and are now celebrating his status as a saviour, and then you don't give him any 3-2-1 points.

Anyway. Focusing on Bieber Boys points in the last 10 minutes. We have finishers in the team and we still had competent kickers on the oval. There are any number of Wobs who could have scored the try and kicked the goal. I'm not so sure what he did was so special.

Like many here, my broken record is to see him play at 12, 13 or 10.:banghead

PS. When us oldies all go to our destiny and the young'uns know no better, will they be talking about "corrupt MP3 files" instead of "broken records"? :-\

Enzedder

Frank Nicholson (4)
Impossible. I could get it down to your top 8 or 10 but to narrow it to 3 is too hard on the other 7 who get no points.

jason

Sydney Middleton (9)
So hard to split Pocock, JOC (James O'Connor) and Beale...

3 - Beale...can't remember the exact play but I remember him chasing a kick in the first half and absolutely skinning all the chasing All Blacks. Would love to see a clip of this if anyone can find it. Also, interesting to hear that Peter Harding says he's Rod Davies' equal in the pace stakes.
2 - JOC (James O'Connor)
1 - Bam

dobduff11

Trevor Allan (34)
Found this a while back:http://www.catholicweekly.com.au/ar...lassID=27&articleID=449&class=&subclass=Sport
"His sporting talents are not restricted to the rugby field.

He also represented St Joseph’s at the GPS track and field meet in September, winning the under-15 100 metres sprint and the under-16 100 metres hurdles and anchoring the college’s 4 x 100 metres relay team .

He won the hurdle event in 13.7 seconds and the 100 metres sprint in 11.6 seconds and ran the final leg of the relay, in which Joeys clocked 44.93 seconds. "

Kurtley is rapid not quite as fast as rod davies but probably third fastest in the squad after rod and lachie

#1 Tah

Chilla Wilson (44)
3. Pocock. if you look at the post match video on homepage of aru site, he is still panting in the sheds.
2. Beale. indeed, the real deal
1. JOC (James O'Connor).

+ Burgess, Barnes, Mumm, AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper), Sharpe
- Cooper
--
---
----
----- Giteau

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)
Sharpe - Trucked the ball up all night and great breakdown work.
Chisholm - Saw fark all of him all night which means he is in tight in the engine room doing the grunt work.
AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) - Best game at 13 I have seen from him.

Beale would of got points but the missed tackle that lead to the second try cost him. It was a second grade attempt. Other than that, he was outstanding.

O' Connor - I sometimes think he is a cocky little bastard but that confidence served him well tonight.

Special mention to our back row. They all were awsome tonight.

Reactions: DPK
Q

QuadeCooperFan

3 - Beale...can't remember the exact play but I remember him chasing a kick in the first half and absolutely skinning all the chasing All Blacks. Would love to see a clip of this if anyone can find it. Also, interesting to hear that Peter Harding says he's Rod Davies' equal in the pace stakes.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/rugby/w...t-the-all-blacks/story-e6frf55l-1225945590908

around 45 seconds in. It was JOC (James O'Connor) who kicked it.

However I think there were two instances when Beale chased a kick and outran all the ABs. This might not be the one you're looking for.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
Beale would of got points but the missed tackle that lead to the second try cost him. It was a second grade attempt. Other than that, he was outstanding.

A bit hard, the long range kicker is on a hiding to nothing under that criteria. Long range goals are pure speculators

farva

Vay Wilson (31)
3. Beale
2. Pocock
1. JOC (James O'Connor)

I am starting to warm to JOC (James O'Connor) at wing. He has speed. He has the footwork, and he knows how to finish.
His positional play is a bit average granted, but that can be coached.
He is also very good at laying a tackle.
And he has bulked up a little since he ran on as a 17 year old for the Force.

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)
A bit hard, the long range kicker is on a hiding to nothing under that criteria. Long range goals are pure speculators

What are you on about? I made no mention of his goal kicking. I am talking about the missed tackle in the try where he miss the AB player as he had a half arsed shot at tackling him around the chest. Then Genia missed but the AB player was already over the line. As I said, other than that he had a great game.

Done that

Ron Walden (29)
The tight five are always neglected in these types of thread .I give special mention to Nathan Sharpe for a sterling effort.

U

Utility Back

Ruggo, those sort of tackles are pretty bloody hard to make mainly because if Jane was gunning straight for the corner, Beale realizes he has to put in all his momentum Into taking him over the sideline, thank all Jane has to do is put in a sneaky side step and he's way off balance hence fairy chest grab. It's a crap position to be in, but I was more pissed that they got Into that position.

Aaaaaannyway
3. JOC (James O'Connor), after all kickers were failing he took it on his young shoulders and won it under intense pressure.
2.pockock. Words will never do.
1. Beale. So bloody dangerous, that pass he gave to Mitchell for the try would have been so bloody hard. Any person would have thrown the pass early and Mitchell would have been tackled, or held onto it for to long and been tackled themselves. And like a pro he read it unbelievably.

WIN.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
What are you on about? I made no mention of his goal kicking. I am talking about the missed tackle in the try where he miss the AB player as he had a half arsed shot at tackling him around the chest. Then Genia missed but the AB player was already over the line. As I said, other than that he had a great game.

Sorry mate my sunday morning comprehension skills appear to be a tad low :tard

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Chisholm - Saw fark all of him all night which means he is in tight in the engine room doing the grunt work.

O' Connor - I sometimes think he is a cocky little bastard but that confidence served him well tonight.

You blame Beale for missing that tackle? Obviously never been in that position, it's near impossible to stop someone from there

Brumbies Guy

John Solomon (38)

I don't think any player on the field makes that tackle, not much you can do in that situation. You go full pace to stop him in the corner and he steps in, or you anticipate the step in and he paces over in the corner.

Status
Not open for further replies.