• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

wallabies definitly in starting side?

Status
Not open for further replies.

vidiot

John Solomon (38)
He has to have something positive to pass to - its not just about when the ball becomes available. Though to some extent I guess 9 has to step up and organise, if the forwards and 10 can't manage it themselves.

Edit: I mean Genia (and Burgess) are usually standing there, looking at them, ball ready to go. I can't tell you whats going through their heads but maybe it's "WTF - come on!"

Running Rugby

Sydney Middleton (9)
I think it needs to be remembered that Genia's last two games have been without Cooper at 10. The combination with Giteau really didn't seem to gel.
I also believe a lot of problems he is having with clearing from the breakdown stem from two major issues.
1. Our reluctance to clean out past the ball at the tackle- we continually almost bridge the ball as protection rather than get past it
2. The lack of a clear game plan. I think Genia is unsure where the ball is meant to go for the next phase. With the wallabies relying so heavily on playing what is in front of them Genia is forced to make accurate and quick decisions. When you are a bit out of form and maybe lacking fitness or carrying an injury other issues seem to cloud his decision making. I liken it to the golf putting yips- you make a few bad puts or bad decisions the next put or decision gets much harder.

I seem to think if Burgess had of being playing the last few tests and put in performances like Genia's most Australian rugby fans would be calling for his head. I still believe Genia deserves to start the next test but if he hasn't improved by halftime RD must be prepared to substitute him.

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
I think it needs to be remembered that Genia's last two games have been without Cooper at 10. The combination with Giteau really didn't seem to gel.

Horne's combination with Giteau didn't gel. Fainga'a's combination with Giteau didn't gel. What is the common factor here?

lincoln

Bob Loudon (25)
Agree - a common factor indeed - seemingly built around a less than fully positive attitude - can RD get into his head or not as he is still potentially one of our best?

H

H...

Or maybe he's just no bloody good when not flanked by Larkham and Mortlock.

Status
Not open for further replies.