• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Wallabies Positivity Thread . .

Bowside

Peter Johnson (47)
JOC (James O'Connor) returning from injury for the perth test, he might finally get a run at 12.

Timani wasnt shit tonight, we might have a half decent TH lock in the works.

Bowside

Peter Johnson (47)
When the wallabies turn it around and beat england in the 2015 wc final, we can all look back and remember the bad nights like these and be thankful we didn't stop supporting the team.

bryce

Darby Loudon (17)
I read somewhere that Jonathan Thurston and Greg Inglis are off contract at the end of this year....I'm sure there would be a few hardnut forwards floating around as well

bryce

Darby Loudon (17)
there's an article in the SMH with pie charts showing wallabies coaches' success rates against different sides - we have a fairly good record against the Boks under Deans. Which is confusing to me as we usually struggle against massive, physical forward packs.

Kaz

Ted Fahey (11)
Life as a Wallabies fan:

25Aug12 22 NZ - 0 Aus
18Aug12 27 NZ - 19 Aus
05Jun12 9 Sco - 6 Aus
23Jun12 20 Aus - 19 Wal
16Jun12 25 Aus - 23 Wal
09Jun12 27 Aus - 19 Wal
03Dec11 24 Aus - 18 Wal
26Nov11 60 Aus - 11 Barbarians
21Oct11 21 Aus - 18 Wal
16Oct11 20 NZ - 6 Aus
09Oct11 11 Aus - 9 SA
01Oct11 68 Aus - 22 Rus
23Sep11 67 Aus - 5 USA
17Sep11 15 Ire - 6 Aus
11Sep11 32 Aus - 6 Ita
27Aug11 25 Aus - 20 NZ
14Aug11 14 Aus - 9 SA
06Aug11 30 NZ - 14 Aus
23Jul11 39 Aus - 20 SA
13Nov10 35 Eng - 18 Aus
19Jun10 21 Eng - 20 Aus
12Jun10 27 Aus - 17 Eng
The emotional lows outweigh the emotional highs ?
Come on Aus. Let's beat SA/ARG and rebuild.
Eng awaits at the end of the year.

Loki74

Ward Prentice (10)
After last night's performance, Hooper looks like he'll be a mainstay in the green 'n gold for many years.

The Argies v Boks 16 all draw means we cling onto the IRB #2 ranking.
More than cling on for the moment. If the Boks are serious no. 2 they should be able to put the Pumas away. ABs certainly will. We continue to be well behind the All Blacks with everyone else.

Swarley

Bob Loudon (25)
Some thoughts.

I don't agree with the All Blacks bombing two or three tries. I thought the Wallabies showed heart in fighting to defend their line when a score could have been run up on them.
If it had been the All Blacks stripping ball over their line when defending people would say how awesome their defence is. When it's the Wallabies it how the All Blacks bombed it. So I don't agree, I'm paying the Wobs for defending to the death and only letting in 1 try at Eden Park. That's a positive.

Scrum was a positive. Hooper was good.

Thought this belonged here.

It is what it is

John Solomon (38)
Selectors, Coaches and the players themselves are surely working out who can cut it in the big games and who can't.
We also need to separate effort from outcome in assessing performance.
Some guys are busting their backsides but just not up to it, while others are clearly not 100% physically capable (injury or strength or fitness) and/or mentally capable (distracted by outside influences or lacking confidence) at this time.
Physically incapable at this time for mine; Robinson, Mitchell, TPN, Cooper.
Mentally incapable at this time; Beale, Robinson, Mitchell.
These guys should be stood down, freshened up or rested, maybe even play some club rugby to regain their confidence and then come back when ready. Believe it or not the AB's use club rugby this way with no qualms.
Meanwhile alternative players, playing at 100% of their capacity would be better than these guys at 50-75% capacity, so give them a crack.Examples include Shipperly, Cummins and Slipper.
This is a positive option for a broader and healthier squad.

aeneas

Tom Lawton (22)
Let's assume that NZ is really so much better than everyone else. If we assume that that form will continue into the rest of the series then the Wallabies have got their two hardest games out of the way and have got four significantly easier games left. Even winning three from four could still result in the Aussies coming second.

Which would have to be considered a great result and presumably all credit to the coaching staff and players.