• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Wallabies Positivity Thread . .

Viking

Mark Ella (57)
Pat McCabe and JOC (James O'Connor) returning from injury. I would argue these are 2 players which recently have been CONSISTENTLY performing in the green and gold jersey. Beale, Cooper and Barnes are too inconsistent.​

Vanuatu Chiefs

Sydney Middleton (9)
From last night's game:
  • defence again gutsy,
  • 2nd half fightback & willingness to change kicking tactics from 1st half,
  • Hooper not only played well he's looks very fit over the whole 80 minutes,
  • solid debut from Shipperley,
  • Dennis best starting effort to date,
  • Alexander/Samo good around the park,
  • Cooper showed a bit more spark,
  • AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) reconfirmed that outside centre is his best position,
  • oh and Barnes' goal kicking.
By game's end we looked significantly better than the IRB's 3rd ranked team.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
The injury crises has provided opportunities for the next generation to shine.

Step up one of St Pius XIII's best - M Hooper.

Beats having the medical staff picking wooden splinters out of his bum while he warms the bench waiting for Bam Bam to have a form slump.

Hairy Test Eagle

Ward Prentice (10)
The aggression that the Wallabies put into everything in the game was outstanding. Led by the tight five, the hard tackles, runs and intensity at the breakdown was what the wallabies have been missing.

BDA

Peter Johnson (47)
Some great finds so far this season. Timani and Hooper look like quality long term options at test level.

One of the most pleasing aspects of saturday was the scrum which had the boks under pressure and despite a number of changes throughout the game held its shape nicely.

Vanuatu Chiefs

Sydney Middleton (9)
This is what I enjoyed from last night's game:
  • our ability to forge a come from behind victory
  • Douglas' excellent debut
  • Sharpe's leadership
  • McCabe's efforts in both attack & defence in his 1st game back from injury
  • Ioane's power running & his great hit on Hernandez in the 70th minute
  • Barnes' improved performance
  • Beale's long range penalty goal
  • the absence of ineffective dribbly chips/grubbers
As posters have said on other threads, the ABs are beatable (the Boks highlighted that in Dunedin). One of the ABs advantages is their depth in key posiitons. A positive to emerge from our dreaded injury toll is that replacements are seizing their opportunities & we're building depth at test level.

bryce

Darby Loudon (17)
Well, we need this thread more than ever.

- Guys like McCabe, Beale and Hooper never gave up and kept trying their guts out. That counts for a lot.
- Sheehan coming on made a difference.
- We actually looked good for a while there when we played with some urgency.
- Beale I thought actually made the best of a bad situation and didn't turn to liquid when we were on the back foot. With good, quick ball he could be deadly.

-Also, it looks like we'll have plenty of fresh, well rested players, hopefully with a solid pre-season behind them for next year when the Lions arrive.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
I really think the result needs to be taken into context. It's not that bad. Springboks always play inspired rugby when under the pump.

p.Tah

John Thornett (49)
I think I'm just going to camp out in this thread today. I don't feel like reading anything else.

All the guys out there respected the jersey. They didn't give up.