• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Wallabies v All Blacks, Saturday 21st October, Suncorp, Brisbane

Status
Not open for further replies.

zer0

Jim Lenehan (48)
Fry-Im-Shocked-Futurama.gif

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
Sometimes people forget they're mostly still 20 something year olds. As long as they're fresh when they return to camp and they don't disgrace themselves then let the boys play, I say.

I don't think anyone really minds as long as they aren't assaulting people or doing it the night before game.

Up the Guts

Steve Williams (59)
I don't think anyone really minds as long as they aren't assaulting people or doing it the night before game.
Yeah that's probably true of most rugby fans but some alleged journalists often don't mind using the creative licence on these sorts of reports.

dru

Tim Horan (67)
Maybe I'm one of them ;)

Sent from my D5833 using Tapatalk

Can I call you “Hoops”? Presumptive, I know.

Now listen, Hoops, did you get the boys back OK? Now while we’re at we love your battery - I’m sure you are talking to Tesla because to be frank, Aus energy is in a bit of a mess. Now Hoops, just one nark. I don’t know how to say it so I’ll just put it out there.

When is your body going to grow up? You know, we’ve been Hoping foryears. That battery, you know, awesome. But We’d like another 20kg. Hell 10kg would be a good indicator.

And 6 inches. You know what I mean? Just another 6”.

Yeah. Yep. That’d be perfect.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
WALLABIES SQUAD

Forwards - Allan Ala'alatoa, Rory Arnold, Adam Coleman, Jack Dempsey, Tetera Faulkner, Ned Hanigan, Michael Hooper (captain), Sekope Kepu, Adam Korczyk, Sean McMahon, Stephen Moore, Tatafu Polota-Nau, Tom Robertson, Izack Rodda, Rob Simmons, Scott Sio, Lopeti Timani, Lukhan Tui, Jordan Uelese

Backs - Kurtley Beale, Israel Folau, Bernard Foley, Will Genia, Reece Hodge, Karmichael Hunt, Samu Kerevi, Marika Koroibete, Tevita Kuridrani, Billy Meakes, Izaia Perese, Nick Phipps, Joe Powell, Curtis Rona, Henry Speight

https://i.stuff.co.nz/sport/rugby/i...ies-name-34man-squad-for-final-bledisloe-test

Tangawizi

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Anyone know if there's any player appearances or open training sessions planned for the week?

Haven't seen much advertising around town to try & drum up interest.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Anyone know if there's any player appearances or open training sessions planned for the week?

Haven't seen much advertising around town to try & drum up interest.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

looks like they are based on the Gold Coast most of the week. Was a media thing this morning linked to GC600. There's another tomorrow around the jersey. As for advertising, walk around the city. It's pretty well covered in gold ads. Bollards at the Queen Street Mall and plenty of street light signage

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
I think we'll have very close to the same side that played the Pumas.

There could be another change at lock and I expect Hunt will replace Kerevi or Speight on the bench. Tom Robertson must be a good chance to replace Faulkner.

I then think we'll see wholesale changes for the Barbarians game.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Richie Mo'unga called in as cover for the Beaugan:

All Blacks squad: Wyatt Crockett, Kane Hames, Nepo Laulala, Jeff Toomaga-Allen, Ofa Tu'ungafasi, Dane Coles, Nathan Harris, Codie Taylor, Scott Barrett, Patrick Tuipulotu, Samuel Whitelock, Sam Cane, Vaea Fifita, Jerome Kaino, Kieran Read, Ardie Savea, Liam Squire and Matt Todd; Tawera Kerr-Barlow, TJ Perenara, Aaron Smith, Beauden Barrett, Richie Mo'unga, Lima Sopoaga, Ryan Crotty, Ngani Laumape, Anton Lienert-Brown, Sonny Bill Williams, Rieko Ioane, Waisake Naholo, David Havili and Damian McKenzie.

https://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/rugby...-cover-after-beauden-barrett-takes-head-knock

The head knock referred to is what caused him to leave the field in CT & not return even though he passed his HIA. Not sure if they're being super-cautious or finding a creative way to give Barrett the week off.

hammertimethere

Trevor Allan (34)
The AB’s right 5 is under strength (though still very talented). The Wallabies must seriously take them on up front and look to drive up the defensive physicality to have a sliver of hope.

Up the Guts

Steve Williams (59)
Richie Mo'unga called in as cover for the Beaugan:

https://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/rugby...-cover-after-beauden-barrett-takes-head-knock

The head knock referred to is what caused him to leave the field in CT & not return even though he passed his HIA. Not sure if they're being super-cautious or finding a creative way to give Barrett the week off.
Lima's a bloody good player though I reckon. In some respects as a Wallabies supporter I would prefer to have the dazzling but error prone on occasion Barrett as the starting five-eight over Sopoaga. Sopoaga is much better in structured attack, where the ABs haven't really been getting a lot of points lately, and may expose our defensive frailties more off set piece than Barrett does.

Namerican

Bill Watson (15)
Lima's a bloody good player though I reckon. In some respects as a Wallabies supporter I would prefer to have the dazzling but error prone on occasion Barrett as the starting five-eight over Sopoaga. Sopoaga is much better in structured attack, where the ABs haven't really been getting a lot of points lately, and may expose our defensive frailties more off set piece than Barrett does.

Unlike Beauden he isn't just going to go end to end when a bit of space opens up or things become disjointed. That's much harder to gameplan against IMO.

Namerican

Bill Watson (15)
Seems a bit like choosing between the whip or the staff to me.

Always seems that way with the ABs eh? I would say Retallicks absence creates a notable dropoff though, they go from whip to the....insert notably less dangerous implement roughly equivalent to Scott Barrett here please lol

zer0

Jim Lenehan (48)
Hopefully Kaino makes a return for this match. There's been a lot of hyperbole that he's done for, but I don't buy it.

EDIT: And obviously excited for Sopoaga to finally get another chance. Barrett's all well and good, but I'd rather have a first five at first five as opposed to a fullback, albeit a highly skilled one.

Status
Not open for further replies.