• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Wallabies v All Blacks, Saturday 21st October, Suncorp, Brisbane

Status
Not open for further replies.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
MacKenzie and Beauden share a lot of traits, great acceleration and attack in unstructured play, good out of hand kicking etc. Seems Beauden is just 50 test matches better. Not that they need it, but having either Cruden or Sopoaga who are natural 10s and Barrett back at fullback would probably help their game.

Up the Guts

Steve Williams (59)
Unlike Beauden he isn't just going to go end to end when a bit of space opens up or things become disjointed. That's much harder to gameplan against IMO.
I'm not so sure.The Pumas managed to nullify the All Blacks attack pretty well in the 2nd half in Argentina when they held onto the ball for long periods of time. Remember as well NZ were down against the Pumas in the first test until Barrett got taken off for an HIA and Sopoaga came on. I think your gameplan when Barrett is five-eigth is pretty simple, try to control the ball for long periods and force him to create space in attack. More often than not he'll look for the cross-field kick or another high risk play if he's not able to find space in attack.

Joe Blow

Peter Sullivan (51)
Hope to see Arnold back in the 23 and preferably starting with Coleman. Sad for Rodda but he has shown that he is way from out of place at test level. He will be back.
Hunt should get a bench spot in place of Kerevi as well.

Stephen Moore must also be in the 23.

Tangawizi

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Wayne Barnes to Ref with SA assistants Marius van der Westhuizen & Egon Seconds.

Marius Jonker TMO.

Better than having Owens but our win rate under Barnes has dropped off a fair bit in recent times.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

ShtinaTina

Alex Ross (28)
A bit tired of the "Moore should play cause it's last home game"....if he's in form, he should play....wouldn't he more than likely to play against the BaaBaa's?
Is he the only one playing their last home game?

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
As mentioned in the Wallabies thread.........

Dan Palmer joined the squad on the Gold Coast as the interim scrum coach, and will be going on the Spring Tour.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Harry Hockings got the chance to fill in at training yesterday to make up the numbers because Rory Arnold couldn't train.

On that basis of missing the main session in the week you'd have to assume that Arnold is long odds to play this weekend. I'd assume Coleman and Simmons will start with Tui on the bench.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
Harry Hockings got the chance to fill in at training yesterday to make up the numbers because Rory Arnold couldn't train.

On that basis of missing the main session in the week you'd have to assume that Arnold is long odds to play this weekend. I'd assume Coleman and Simmons will start with Tui on the bench.

I don't see why he couldn't play if its just a cork. All that takes is a little time. You can typically play on it with reasonable efficiency if it's calmed down enough (and you can deal with the pain).

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
I don't see why he couldn't play if its just a cork. All that takes is a little time. You can typically play on it with reasonable efficiency if it's calmed down enough (and you can deal with the pain).

Sure, but he's the guy trying to force his way back into the matchday 23 and he's unable to train.

I don't think he'll play this week and will then play against the Barbarians.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
Sure, but he's the guy trying to force his way back into the matchday 23 and he's unable to train.

I don't think he'll play this week and will then play against the Barbarians.

Potentially, i think he'll be on the bench and Simmons will start alongside Coleman.

Up the Guts

Steve Williams (59)
Anyone else noticed Kurindrani always rises against NZ? Seems to go up a notch in attack and use his size well. Had a good one off the bench during our first pummelling and followed it up again a week later but the performance that really stands out was a couple of years back in Brisbane where we nearly won. Definitely his best performance as the Wallaby 13. Hoping he can do it again.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Anyone else noticed Kurindrani always rises against NZ? Seems to go up a notch in attack and use his size well. Had a good one off the bench during our first pummelling and followed it up again a week later but the performance that really stands out was a couple of years back in Brisbane where we nearly won. Definitely his best performance as the Wallaby 13. Hoping he can do it again.

Kuridrani has had some piss poor Super Rugby form at times........ but I can't remember the last bad game he had in gold - he's a solid test player.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Wayne Barnes to Ref with SA assistants Marius van der Westhuizen & Egon Seconds.

Marius Jonker TMO.

Better than having Owens but our win rate under Barnes has dropped off a fair bit in recent times.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

You are kidding of course, I tend to think Wallabies win rate would of dropped off under almost any ref. I know it must all the refs fault, but for christ sake, Wallabies have not lost a test because of a ref that I can remember!! Is that you Chuckles Cheika?

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
You are kidding of course, I tend to think Wallabies win rate would of dropped off under almost any ref. I know it must all the refs fault, but for christ sake, Wallabies have not lost a test because of a ref that I can remember!! Is that you Chuckles Cheika?

Reference to a win-rate under a certain ref doesn't imply that it's the 'refs fault' or some other conspiracy bullshit. Refs have styles as much as teams and it's inevitable that certain refs will suit certain teams more than others. This can be reflected statistically.
Plus, Owens unconcealed fawning over the All Blacks does nothing for his image of impartiality.

Reactions: TSR

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Not sure what the Owens love the ABs comes from, stupid thing is the same level of supporter that worry about refs in NZ are convinced all these refs including Owens are fans of other teams.

Status
Not open for further replies.