• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Wallabies v All Blacks Sydney

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Red Rooster

I didn't think Hynes was even in the squad?

It will be amazing if he gets selected as I hear he was not fit enough so they did not take him to SA. 3 weeks later I don't think he has played any rugby since as his club did not play finals rugby so the situation has not improved

R

Ripper612

GO WALLABYS GO WALLABYS!

The Wallabys is the only team capable of stopping the Kiwis and saving the record for 'most consecutive test wins'. If the Wallabys dont beat them in the next 2 test..that record will be rediculous and will get out of hand!!

Please..do it for everyone!!

Thin Thighs

Ted Fahey (11)
All Black Team Named : Five Changes

From the NZ Herald: http://www.nzherald.co.nz/sport/news/article.cfm?c_id=4&objectid=10672103

There are five changes to the All Blacks side for Saturday night';s Bledisloe Cup test against Australia in Sydney.

As expected Aaron Cruden and Piri Weepu are paired in the inside backs with Israel Dagg replacing Joe Rokocoko on the left wing.

Victor Vito starts for just the second time in a test, replacing Jerome Kaino on the blindside flank.

Owen Franks returns to tighthead prop in place of brother Ben who is out of the 22 altogether.

All Blacks:
15. Mils Muliaina,
14. Cory Jane,
13. Conrad Smith,
12. Ma'a Nonu,
11. Israel Dagg,
10. Aaron Cruden,
9. Piri Weepu,
8. Kieran Read,
7. Richie McCaw (capt) ,
6. Victor Vito,
5. Tom Donnelly,
4. Brad Thorn,
3. Owen Franks,
2. Keven Mealamu,
1. Tony Woodcock.
Reserves: Corey Flynn, John Afoa, Anthony Boric, Jerome Kaino, Jimmy Cowan, Colin Slade, Rene Ranger.

disco

Chilla Wilson (44)
Giteau's pass inside to Mitchell in the first half was just as good as Barnes', but Mitchell bombed that try by running away from his support, when they would have had a 3 on 2 situation if he ran towards the wing.

They didn't bomb the try. They just scored it about 5 phases later when Moore crashed over.

disco

Chilla Wilson (44)
Ranger is hard one to pick I personally think he's a bit of a front runner someone who can go missing when the chips are down, on the flip side if he comes off the bench & his 1st touch is a good one then we could be in for a long night.

I know Quade is also an enigma but he seems to have got past those moments & he doesn't over play his hand anymore.

Scotty

David Codey (61)
They didn't bomb the try. They just scored it about 5 phases later when Moore crashed over.

Fair point, but against the All Blacks we need to take every opportunity, we might not get a second chance like what happened after Mitchell's break.

disco

Chilla Wilson (44)
Fair point, but against the All Blacks we need to take every opportunity, we might not get a second chance like what happened after Mitchell's break.

It's a tough call as we know the AB's will just infringe once we get inside the 22 but on the other hand the Wallabies have been guilty of trying to score off every phase instead of building the phases & being patient.

Lets hope that the ref plays long advantages for the attacking team.

Lance Free

Arch Winning (36)
Wallabies to play the All Blacks are:

15. Kurtley Beale (NSW Waratahs)

14. James O’Connor (Western Force)

13. Adam Ashley-Cooper (Brumbies)

12. Matt Giteau (Brumbies)

11. Lachie Turner (NSW Waratahs)

10. Quade Cooper (Queensland Reds)

9. Will Genia (Queensland Reds)

8. Ben McCalman (Western Force)

7. David Pocock (Western Force)

6. Rocky Elsom (Brumbies, captain)

5. Nathan Sharpe (Western Force)

4. Mark Chisholm (Brumbies)

3. Salesi Ma’afu (Brumbies)

2. Stephen Moore (Brumbies)

1. Benn Robinson (NSW Waratahs)

Run on reserves:

16. Huia Edmonds (Brumbies)

17. James Slipper (Queensland Reds)

18. Dean Mumm (NSW Waratahs)

19. Richard Brown (Western Force)

20. Luke Burgess (NSW Waratahs)

21. Berrick Barnes (NSW Waratahs)

22. Anthony Fainga’a (Queensland Reds)

Viking

Mark Ella (57)
I just noticed when you look at our backline, apart from AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) n Genia there are no dominant defenders. Not one of them are capable of putting on a big hit. Gits u could say is a decent defender but lacks size to scare any opponent. Turner was the best defensive wing in the S14 but I can never recall him making an actual dominant tackle. Defensive is a real problem, it would be great to have a backline filled with players who can dominate in a tackle.

barbarian

Phil Kearns (64)
Staff member
I just noticed when you look at our backline, apart from AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) n Genia there are no dominant defenders. Not one of them are capable of putting on a big hit. Gits u could say is a decent defender but lacks size to scare any opponent. Turner was the best defensive wing in the S14 but I can never recall him making an actual dominant tackle. Defensive is a real problem, it would be great to have a backline filled with players who can dominate in a tackle.

But then you have a backline full of Nathan Greys and Stirling Mortlocks who are just big crashballers. Its about the mix, a few dominant defenders and a few nimble runners. We are getting closer to that at the moment with the current makeup.

DPK

Peter Sullivan (51)
Fuck's sake. Edmonds?

Hopefully Ma'afu and Slipper are used in a tag team like last week.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member

Sort of disagree, I expect to have few of the easy runs to the line and more half breaks built on that will need to be built on in the following phases

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
I've got no problem with the backs. They were very good last week and I don't think dominant defence is the be-all and end-all. Where it is most important IMHO is in the centres and AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) is solid there and Giteau is no slouch either. I'd rather we played a more creative back line that asks questions of the All Blacks than purely try to shut them down. Let's take the game up to them for a change.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)

Burgess is a better defender than Genia

Status
Not open for further replies.