• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Wallabies v All Blacks Sydney

Status
Not open for further replies.

#1 Tah

Chilla Wilson (44)
Moses, Cyclo, Gaaager, Barbarian, anyone! can we get this changed to a Wallabies symbol for this thread? we already have too many vocal kiwi fans in Sydney, they dont need more help.

M

Muttonbird

Moses, Cyclo, Gaaager, Barbarian, anyone! can we get this changed to a Wallabies symbol for this thread? we already have too many vocal kiwi fans in Sydney, they dont need more help.

I've tried to change it to the Tri-Nations symbol for all the sensitive types but I'm not very good at computers.

Reddy!

Bob Davidson (42)
Was Genia injured on Saturday?

He was bloody slow getting to some of the rucks on the second half

He was good when he got there and had the ball but he was slow sometimes - was that why Kurtley went into scrum half for that horrible pass over the dead ball line? I believe Robinson featured at scrum half a couple of times too.

ACT Crusader

Jim Lenehan (48)
Can't see Vito getting the no8 jersey despite him playing there for both Wellington and Hurricanes. Kaino had a few issues at the back of the scrum a couple of seasons ago and Henry hasn't had him there since. So it's likely Vito on the blind and Kaino to the bench

Vito's last start for the ABs was on the blind

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)
Any news on how Higgers back is comming on?

When is the team named?

Player fatigue managment is going to be crucial to numb the effects of the trip home. We are going to have to go strong for the full 80 minutes to be a chance in this one. Any suggestions on how we do this?

Richo

John Thornett (49)
Use the bench earlier and more decisively. Not just forwards, but Barnes and Burgess in for Genia and Giteau.

Groucho

Greg Davis (50)
Any news on how Higgers back is comming on?

When is the team named?

Player fatigue managment is going to be crucial to numb the effects of the trip home. We are going to have to go strong for the full 80 minutes to be a chance in this one. Any suggestions on how we do this?

I'd be starting Slipper, Simmons and Higgers if he's fit. Sub Genia and Giteau early like Richo says. Use the bench earlier.

Jethro Tah

Bob Loudon (25)
When is Hodgson back? I worry that Pocock will be vulnerable to injury with the amount of work he has been doing, we need him for the EOYT and I'd hate to see him miss a chunk of Force games next year.

MrTimms

Ken Catchpole (46)
Staff member
When is Hodgson back? I worry that Pocock will be vulnerable to injury with the amount of work he has been doing, we need him for the EOYT and I'd hate to see him miss a chunk of Force games next year.

He tweeted he was heading to Sydney to meet back up with the guys, not sure if that meant he was fit again.

DPK

Peter Sullivan (51)
Right, so who's going to this game? G&GR representation up or down from last year? I'll be attending.

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
I don't have high expectations that we will blow the Blacks off the park this weekend. They are totally rested and we are travelling east. Only the Crusaders and Reds managed a good result doing that this year and I wonder whether Link will divulge the secret ingredient. Their backline defence will be way better than the Boks, so a couple of linebreaks is all we can reasonably expect over 80 mins. Added to which our forward's did not cover themselves with glory (with some notable exceptions) and the Blacks are a step up again. All in all, a bridge too far.

I think our best chance of toppling them is Hong Kong, especially if we have BA back at tight head and maybe Higgers at 8. Hope I'm wrong but I think a loss by less than 15 would be a plus.

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
I really, really want us to win in Sydney but am struggling to work out how we are going to do it. The big issue is going to be fatigue and the fact that the AB's are playing some of their best footy for a very long time right now. Still, there is always hope and I think if we play with the daring, guts and confidence we've started to put together in the last few games you just never know.

Use of the bench is going to be crucial and the blokes in pivotal positions (like hooker, lock, openside, halfback and 5/8th) are going to have to be totally on their game. Smart footy is the order of the day in this one.

jason

Sydney Middleton (9)
Completely agree with whoever it was that said we need to use the bench earlier. The boys are going to be stuffed and we need to have faith in the backup to close out the later stages of the game. Burgess and Barnes played their best footy for the Wallabies in ages in Bloem so if Genia and Gits are looking knackered, make the switch earlier rather than later, especially as Burgo and Sookface are so defensively solid.

Would dearly love for us to win this, would give us an enormous boost heading into the EOYT (where I really need bragging rights to be restored over the Poms), but I think we'll come up just short (again). Come on boys, prove me wrong.

DPK

Peter Sullivan (51)
Completely agree with whoever it was that said we need to use the bench earlier. The boys are going to be stuffed and we need to have faith in the backup to close out the later stages of the game. Burgess and Barnes played their best footy for the Wallabies in ages in Bloem so if Genia and Gits are looking knackered, make the switch earlier rather than later, especially as Burgo and Sookface are so defensively solid.

Would dearly love for us to win this, would give us an enormous boost heading into the EOYT (where I really need bragging rights to be restored over the Poms), but I think we'll come up just short (again). Come on boys, prove me wrong.

If we get within three as we did last year, I hope someone steps up and takes the fucking DG instead of dicking around. Last years game vs the AB's in Sydney nearly drove me round the bend.

Hell, if none of the players are willing to do it, I'll kick the bludger!

Status
Not open for further replies.