• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Wallabies v All Blacks Sydney

Status
Not open for further replies.

mark_s

Chilla Wilson (44)
My wonderful supplier of tickets for the Sydney test has sent me through this image from the ANZ Stadium website that shows the view you should get from our seats. I quite like it as it shows Australia dominating a scrum against the Sheep Shaggers a few metres out from the try-line and a few pussed off coussy bros leaving the stadium because they've had enough!

Let's see who the true train spotters are out there. Anyone know the actual game this shot comes from? And the final score?

And yes, I do realise the shot shows a Kiwi feed but no harm in a bit of imagination and wishful thinking.
2003 50-21 to the all blacks

A

all black rugby

@ gagger.....stop living in the past. 9-0 - thats a spanking to me!!

A

all black rugby

yeah i remember that game! mertz scored the only try for the blacks! massive crowd that day... i guess the pic brings back fond memories for wallaby fans...perhaps a glimmer of hope leading into this saturday? at this stage i would call it false hope...unless of course dingo's men prove themselves..... superb win over boks...dingo was most happy but deep inside he and many others wud be concerned the wallabies led 25points at one stage and won by 2 at the death! not sure if KB (Kurtley Beale) wud have made the kick if not for altitude...give the blacks a 25point lead and its likely the final result will be blacks by 50

M

Muttonbird

"All Blacks cross the ditch for perfect run Newstalk ZB - September 5, 2010, 10:53 am

The All Blacks head for Sydney on Sunday to complete the perfect Tri Nations campaign. New Zealand can make it ten straight victories over the Wallabies next weekend.

Fullback Mills Muliaina rates this season as is his most enjoyable in the Black jersey. He says apart from the victories, he's taken real pleasure in watching coach Graham Henry come out of his shell. Muliaina says more and more people are seeing what he's like and how emotional he can be.

Muliaina is preparing himself for a possible move back to the bench this weekend, if Henry decides to give Israel Dagg a start at fullback.

Meanwhile, a 41-39 win for the Wallabies over the Springboks this morning means they still have an opportunity of avoiding the wooden spoon, providing they can beat the All Blacks."

Looks like there remains some confusion in the New Zealand media about the state of the Tri-Nations table.

The ABs will lie waiting in Sydney for a day before the Wallabies disembark from their 15 hour, eastbound flight. It feels a bit like the ABs are the home team atm.:)

Newb

Trevor Allan (34)
I dunno about Slipper, Reddy!. On one hand, we need to get a good start straight away, but on the other hand we're still lacking the killer instinct and shutting up shop. I think Ma'afu and Slipper should get a half each, even though Slipper is the better player. The tough choice is which half to give to which player!

i was thinking the same DPK. it'd be great to have slipper for the full game, but that's unrealistic, he'll have to come off if he starts. but do we want ma'afu on at the end when (if the game is close) everything is more crucial? i'm not sure. part of me says do the same thing as in bloem. let ma'afu go out, take some of the steam out of the AB's by just being a big lug. then bring in slipper before the half when he can finish out the game.

DPK

Peter Sullivan (51)
Yep, sounds decent Newb. Deans may be thinking the same thing.

You'd have to say the NZ and Aus fans will both be looking forward to this with great interest; both sides are pumped, NZ to get the undefeated title and Aus to break two hoodoo's in two weeks.

I kind of wish Carter was playing. If we win, and he's playing, it will be much more satisfying. Also, if he isn't playing, some sectors will call it like "Australia triumph over depleted AB's" or just lay it down to the fact that Carter wasnt there.

Reddy!

Bob Davidson (42)
I'd keep Cooper there, but (as I've been bangin on about for some time) bring on Barnes, the ace defender, when we need to shut up shop.

Barnes certainly looked classy when he came on - I forgot how smart he can be as a footballer.

Reddy!

Bob Davidson (42)
DPK, I think at this stage the Wallabies should take any win they can get over the All Blacks, Carter or no Carter. A win is everything. Next time they come up against the All Blacks when he is actually playing - which will probably be in Hong Kong - hopefully the team realises that he is just one player and that he is nothing tcompared to the might of the Green and Gold!

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
Can I put a hand up for Berrick on the weekend? That pass he made to Mitchell for the try was ABSOLUTE CLASS. It was quick, flat and accurate. The timing was utterly perfect. If he did nothing else on Saturday, that was worth it and why I still rate him.

barbarian

Phil Kearns (64)
Staff member
I think Gits still deserves the 12 spot. Just watched the game again, he played his best game all year, made very few mistakes. Barnes was also in good touch, which will be valuable because I can see Cooper and Gits tiring badly in the second half.

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
I've got no problem with Giteau starting on the weekend, as he did play very well in Bloem. Barnes will be very handy on the bench though.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
Was Genia injured on Saturday?

He was bloody slow getting to some of the rucks on the second half

ACT Crusader

Jim Lenehan (48)
Yep, sounds decent Newb. Deans may be thinking the same thing.

You'd have to say the NZ and Aus fans will both be looking forward to this with great interest; both sides are pumped, NZ to get the undefeated title and Aus to break two hoodoo's in two weeks.

I kind of wish Carter was playing. If we win, and he's playing, it will be much more satisfying. Also, if he isn't playing, some sectors will call it like "Australia triumph over depleted AB's" or just lay it down to the fact that Carter wasnt there.

Whether its Carter or Joe Nobody, it's still the ABs. I'm sure if you go through the history books, teams coul;d come up with any num,ber of reasons why they lost, but all that is irrelevant, because the record still stands.

Speculation growing that Vito, O Franks, and Dagg will start this test

Scotty

David Codey (61)
Giteau's pass inside to Mitchell in the first half was just as good as Barnes', but Mitchell bombed that try by running away from his support, when they would have had a 3 on 2 situation if he ran towards the wing.

barbarian

Phil Kearns (64)
Staff member
Speculation growing that Vito, O Franks, and Dagg will start this test

Who would Vito replace ACTC? Kaino? A big move to break up a backrow that has worked very well as a unit so far. The other changes will be interesting, hope we will put Dagg under some pressure because he can be a bit flaky at times.

MajorlyRagerly

Trevor Allan (34)
Likely blindside, so guessing instead of Kaino - unless Read is rested.

I still swear black and blue that Vito is a centre. However, with Nonu, Smith, Kahui & SBW on the horizon, he probably wouldn't get a run there.

If he stays around inNZ committed to his rugby, I could see the letter (c) after Vito's name at some point in his career tho, so happy for him to start.

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
Likely blindside, so guessing instead of Kaino - unless Read is rested.

I still swear black and blue that Vito is a centre. However, with Nonu, Smith, Kahui & SBW on the horizon, he probably wouldn't get a run there.

If he stays around inNZ committed to his rugby, I could see the letter (c) after Vito's name at some point in his career tho, so happy for him to start.

Great player. After Dagg the best "up and comer" for NZ this year in my book. Made some searing runs in the ITM Cup this year and covers the paddock very well. Style similar to Jerry but without the bonecrunchers (unless I have missed them). One of those players I love watching.

Moses

Simon Poidevin (60)
Staff member
Great player. After Dagg the best "up and comer" for NZ this year in my book. Made some searing runs in the ITM Cup this year and covers the paddock very well. Style similar to Jerry but without the bonecrunchers (unless I have missed them). One of those players I love watching.
I've been very impressed with Corey Jane, hasn't headbutted a kick or anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.