• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Wallabies v All Blacks Sydney

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
There is so much red in the crowd at the Swannies vs Blues Aerial Pingpong Game at ANZ Stadium today.

We have to match that in a GOLD RUSH this weekend for the AB's. One thing is certain: Every last one of those sheepshaggers will be as feral as the Bokke in Bloomers, and they will be head to toe in BLACK.

mark_s

Chilla Wilson (44)
I'll be there. Was supposed to be overseas so I turned down two lots of free platnium seats. Have had to settle for buying silver seats at the south end. Last time I sat there the blacks beat us by 50 in 2003.

Anyway, this weekends game will tell us whether we have turned a corner or not.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
New New Zealand Hooker

NZ All Blacks announce Team. Uncapped Hooker Selected.

Attachments

• New Zealand-Hooker.jpg
    New Zealand-Hooker.jpg
    29.7 KB · Views: 196

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Sale of Surplus AB Merchandise from RWC 2007

These items sold reasonably well last time round, but a container has just been found hidden at the back of Christchurch Warehouse. The owners are keen to move this stock on to make space for the new shipment for RWC 2011.

Attachments

• Ab bra.pdf
    93.5 KB · Views: 309

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Lock up your Sheep, The Kiwis are coming to town

Kiwis are becoming better lovers. You have been warned.

Attachments

• sickbas~.jpg
    sickbas~.jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 232
C

chief

What's the crowd prediction, I reckon 60,000. Any injuries from last game?

Reddy!

Bob Davidson (42)
Changes for this match? Now I know Cooper is essential for our attack but his defence is hopeless, he honestly has no idea how to tackle and even Beale could teach him a thing or two. Almost tempted to suggest that Barnes should start at flyhalf after he impressed off the bench. Also wouldn't mind see Turner or Hynes make the bench for A. Fainga'a.

Slipper to start at THP even though there is a very good chance he is going to be smashed, otherwise most of the team should and will stay the same from last night.

TheRiddler

Dave Cowper (27)
My wonderful supplier of tickets for the Sydney test has sent me through this image from the ANZ Stadium website that shows the view you should get from our seats. I quite like it as it shows Australia dominating a scrum against the Sheep Shaggers a few metres out from the try-line and a few pussed off coussy bros leaving the stadium because they've had enough!

Let's see who the true train spotters are out there. Anyone know the actual game this shot comes from? And the final score?

And yes, I do realise the shot shows a Kiwi feed but no harm in a bit of imagination and wishful thinking.

Attachments

• ANZ seats.JPG
    ANZ seats.JPG
    119.3 KB · Views: 241

DPK

Peter Sullivan (51)
I dunno about Slipper, Reddy!. On one hand, we need to get a good start straight away, but on the other hand we're still lacking the killer instinct and shutting up shop. I think Ma'afu and Slipper should get a half each, even though Slipper is the better player. The tough choice is which half to give to which player!

I'd keep Cooper there, but (as I've been bangin on about for some time) bring on Barnes, the ace defender, when we need to shut up shop.

Turner for A. Fainga'a, Fitzy for S Fainga'a.

TheRiddler

Dave Cowper (27)
I'd keep Cooper there, but (as I've been bangin on about for some time) bring on Burgess, the ace defender, when we need to shut up shop.

Cooper? I think you mean Sanchez? Although I wonder how Burgess would go at 5/8? :fishing

DPK

Peter Sullivan (51)
My wonderful supplier of tickets for the Sydney test has sent me through this image from the ANZ Stadium website that shows the view you should get from our seats. I quite like it as it shows Australia dominating a scrum against the Sheep Shaggers a few metres out from the try-line and a few pussed off coussy bros leaving the stadium because they've had enough!

Let's see who the true train spotters are out there. Anyone know the actual game this shot comes from? And the final score?

And yes, I do realise the shot shows a Kiwi feed but no harm in a bit of imagination and wishful thinking.

Looks like Wendell is on the wing in that shot, and also the sideline track-camera is there (from the Olympics, I assume)

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
No way Cooper isn't playing 5/8 next week. The positive far outweigh the disadvantages. His passing set up at least a couple of those tries last night.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Well I remember a similar scene in 1999 when we won 28-7, and I sat in a row with almost all Kiwis. My wife didn't understand why they were so upset!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.