• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Wallabies v Argentina Sat 2 October CBus Stadium

Ignoto

John Thornett (49)
I don't think Kellaway and Jordan are vying for the same spot. They're clearly different players and compliment one another same with Kellaway and Marika.

Tom Wright is the one competiting against Kellaway.

Good first half, but none of the reserves really stood out.

Glad to get 4 in a row. Miles better than 12 months ago.

Tell you what, if I was Argentina I'd be getting rid of Mario and Chieka.

Reactions: dru

D-Box

Ron Walden (29)
I’m not blaming anything, I agreed with someone that the TMO should be able to change the decision regardless of the on field one. Especially in a circumstance like that, because it was laughable.
I think the TMO was hamstrung by Pyper saying he didn't see clear seperation. He said it after the first replay and the TMO said let me get you more angles.

It would appear that in Rugby the on field ref still has final say and the TMOs job is to more to provide input. Don't think Pyper wanted to be overruled and made it so.

eastman

Arch Winning (36)
Quade made some mistakes initially but really grew into the game - some of his touches and passes were absolutely elite. He brings variety that JOC (James O'Connor) just doesn't have - anyone who watches JOC (James O'Connor) closely knows he defaults heavily to dummy switch/ block play far too often.

Also Kellaway (and Wright) looked better in 10 minutes at fullback (especially in counter-attack) then Hodge has looked across 140 minutes- surely he's getting close to exhausting that credit.

Drew

Bob Davidson (42)
Bit rich the Argie captain having a vailed swipe there. How about follow the laws of the place you’re in and don’t cross borders? It’s not like they aren’t any good beach towns in Queensland.

Wilson

David Codey (61)
Bit rich the Argie captain having a vailed swipe there. How about follow the laws of the place you’re in and don’t cross borders? It’s not like they aren’t any good beach towns in Queensland.
I missed that, what did he say?

A mutterer

Desmond Connor (43)
im definitely happy with the win, but it left me feeling liked i'd kissed my sister. so many points left out on the park and us playing the last 20 on the argies terms.

felt like we went a bit mentally soft and started mailing it in?

Reactions: dru

dru

Tim Horan (67)
Quade made some mistakes initially but really grew into the game - some of his touches and passes were absolutely elite. He brings variety that JOC (James O'Connor) just doesn't have - anyone who watches JOC (James O'Connor) closely knows he defaults heavily to dummy switch/ block play far too often.

Also Kellaway (and Wright) looked better in 10 minutes at fullback (especially in counter-attack) then Hodge has looked across 140 minutes- surely he's getting close to exhausting that credit.

For me, a Quade fan, he'll need to reflect on that performance. He definitely managed to hold up with the team. But he was far from what we expect. Where he has taken us.

He is not on his own there.

A most uninspiring performance. Let's take the 4 in a row though. It's been a long time.

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
The TMO can.
My intention wasn’t to launch a full blown investigation into the rights of the TMO, it was a humorous off the cuff comment about this decision.

as someone else mentioned there is a common theme about your contribution on these threads so I’m going to leave it alone now.

enjoy the game and the adjudication. Goodnight

Last edited:

A mutterer

Desmond Connor (43)
Scoring tries does not a MOTGM make. Excellent performance by Kellaway again but it is the work of the players setting up the play that wins, or loses, games. The second half showed exactly how important Quade is to this team and just how effective he raises the performance of the whole backline. QC (Quade Cooper) MOTM for me.

Game management went to pot when JOC (James O'Connor) replaced Quade, but that shouldn't be a surprise given how long he has been out injured. JOC (James O'Connor) still a valuable member of the No 10 brigade.
he said as much in his post match, but there's no denying on the spider cam shots that man was working enormously hard off the ball and he finished one that looked like he was sure to be tackled. he was my motm.

Ignoto

John Thornett (49)
You disagree BT? That's ok by me, but I'd be interested to know if you rate Kellaway better than Petaia.
Yeap, Kellaway has been our best and most consistent back all international season. Jordan had some good moments in tonights match.

As I said earlier, Wright and Jordan are competing for the same spot. Wright and Kellaway are.

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
Enjoyed the first 50 minutes from wallabies - bench did not make the impact but nothing to be too disappointed about. Thought Valentini, hooper, kellaway, Kerevi, Petaia and ikitau good - also thought hodge looks solid at the back.