• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Wallabies v England, Sat 11th June, 8.00pm, Suncorp Brisbane

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hound

Bill Watson (15)
Not a bad Side. Like the bench with Lilo to come on after the big boys have done their jobs.

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
That's a very good team. I'm not normally a fan of having two big centres who play the same kind of game, but under the circumstances it's completely understandable.

Hopefully there will be all sorts of ball running mayhem and our back rowers running off shoulders to keep the Poms backpedalling for the whole 80 minutes.

Roundawhile

Billy Sheehan (19)
I like this team!

Interesting squad makeup by Franchise

Start Bench
Tahs 5 3
Brums 6 1
Reds 3 2
Force 1 -
Rebs - 1
+ Horwill

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
My only concerns with Kerevi are his efforts off the ball aren't up to scratch, hopefully he is on

Viking

Mark Ella (57)
My only concerns with Kerevi are his efforts off the ball aren't up to scratch, hopefully he is on

A great organiser on his inside like Lilo would be a big help. I hope Foley can fill in a similar role - I'm sure he will with Larkham's guidance.

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
Looks like Cheika is looking for a knock-em down, drag-em out fight, with reinforcements required at the end. It'll be an absolute brawl I predict.

Reactions: dru

Viking

Mark Ella (57)
A lock, lock/6 and a 6/7 on the bench? That's a little surprising, isn't it?

Is Kerevi the wing cover?

Mumm's inclusions I think is the main confusion for most poster's.

But overall I think most posters are excited as hell. I know I am.

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
@Intruder, I recognise you have been spot on with some predictions about the Reds over the season, but no way can I see Cheika playing Folau at 12. That would simply weaken the No 15 spot, and if another new comer starts at 13, ie Kerevi, the centre partnership would be a huge unknown.

If some training combinations indicate that thinking, it just might be mind games on the part of Cheika.

My expectation, if Lealiifano isn't available, is Phipps, Foley, Horne, Kerevi, Kuridrani, DHP, Folau, with Hodge possibly on the bench. If Christian is available, he will either replace Hodge on the bench, or start at 12 with Kerevi going to the bench.

Absolutely nailed it BR!

RedsHappy

Tony Shaw (54)
Whilst there will be an upside surely the greatest risk with this team is that 20% of its starters have never played a Test, let alone one of this concentrated pressure and expectation.

The notion - advanced here by some - that debs 'always rise to the occasion' - is at least partly mythical. I seem to recall that JO'C's first ever Test under Deans was a very mixed performance - he improved as he played more of them.

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
Both Poite and Joubert had good RWCs IMO.

With Poite, keep the scrum square and no nonsense early.

Joubert has the 2nd test and Nigel Owen the 3rd.

Clearly this series is considered the most difficult/important since it has been given the top three refs. Argentina, SA and NZ get the leftovers.

G

galumay

Looks like a good team to me, Chieka obviously has had the time to see where these guys are at in terms of the squad in recent weeks and has chosen a team with an eye to the future as well as one to get the job done this Saturday.

Lets fast forward and bring it on!

Groucho

Greg Davis (50)
Whilst there will be an upside surely the greatest risk with this team is that 20% of its starters have never played a Test, let alone one of this concentrated pressure and expectation.

The notion - advanced here by some - that debs 'always rise to the occasion' - is at least partly mythical. I seem to recall that JO'C's first ever Test under Deans was a very mixed performance - he improved as he played more of them.

I thought JOC (James O'Connor)'s three-try debut was pretty exceptional.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
A great organiser on his inside like Lilo would be a big help. I hope Foley can fill in a similar role - I'm sure he will with Larkham's guidance.

Often it is about workrate to give the playmaker the options.

Horne is a good example, he runs that inside line a lot from the blind wing, he may only get the ball once a half, but his continual efforts help lock the inside backs and backrowers in place so they can't dirft

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
I thought JOC (James O'Connor)'s three-try debut was pretty exceptional.

that was his starting debut.

His test debut was that shocking match v Italy where Quade (also on debut) scored the winner with some brilliant skill.

Can't recall JOC (James O'Connor)'s involvement, but it was off the bench

Status
Not open for further replies.