• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Wallabies v France, Brisbane, Sat 17th July, 8pm

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
So, hopefully Daugunu's arm isn't too bad but it looks pretty nasty. Think it was already in a cast by the end of the game. Means we have Koroibete standing, but off after the RC.

Vunivalu hopefully is fit by then, maybe Petaia. Wright yet to translate form. Hodge needs to wear 23.

Ikitau looks to be growing into the game after a shonky debut last year and To'omua does himself no favours. Paisami is our most important backline player.

Banks is the only one that looks to be keeping the jersey warm for someone else, he was fine tonight but we can do better.

9. McDermott 10. Lolesio 12 Paisami 13. Ikitau 11/14 Koroibete/Vunivalu? 15....Banks?

Up the Guts

Steve Williams (59)
So, hopefully Daugunu's arm isn't too bad but it looks pretty nasty. Think it was already in a cast by the end of the game. Means we have Koroibete standing, but off after the RC.

Vunivalu hopefully is fit by then, maybe Petaia. Wright yet to translate form. Hodge needs to wear 23.

Ikitau looks to be growing into the game after a shonky debut last year and To'omua does himself no favours. Paisami is our most important backline player.

Banks is the only one that looks to be keeping the jersey warm for someone else, he was fine tonight but we can do better.

9. McDermott 10. Lolesio 12 Paisami 13. Ikitau 11/14 Koroibete/Vunivalu? 15..Banks?
Ikitau’s jersey at the moment but want to see Perese at some stage. Could play him on the wing as well.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
I left him out of my MOTM points but Lachie Swinton had a really good game. He certainly hasn't done his chances of featuring further any harm.

Wilson was good through the first two tests but beyond 7. Hooper, 6. 8. and 20. are really open. All players involved have made a case.

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)

9. McDermott 10. Lolesio 12 Paisami 13. Ikitau 11/14 Koroibete/Vunivalu? 15..Banks?

He only debut last Tuesday and did well made a few runs and one were he bumpped someone off. He had a good game tonight, and Paisami 12 Ikitau 13 looks the goods.. Although Paisami has to carry the ball better he loses it to much in contact.

I wouldnt mind Petaia in 14/15 in the All Black's game they said Daugunu broke his arm in the tellie cast. Wright may get another chanse Hodge probably deserves the 14 on effect alone. I guess lets see who's fit and go from there.

young gun

Fred Wood (13)
I'm here, you want me? What's your problem?

Hi Dan, good to hear from you. Just waiting for the condemnation of the red, you came good later on that, so cheers. The comment wasn't aimed at you, btw, but glad a fellow ANZAC came to the party to say one of their own IS ABSOLUTELY FUCKING USELESS.

I ponder the point, if the same ref, touchies and TMO, all Kiwis were officiating a game and exactly the same thing happened, except it was an ALL Black that was responsible:

(1) would he have been red carded, or, even more fundamentally,

(2) would the TMO have intervened and driven the agenda.

I wonder ... the ref was there, he didn't think anything of it at the time, but the TMO did, I wonder .....

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
You'd be very pleased with Ikitau who defended at 13 in his 2nd start with no winger.

To be truthful, Dct, I was very pleased with all of them, with my only misgiving being Paisami's lack of use of players outside him. Reminded me of the early version of Kerevi. I know Hunter can distribute, I just wish he would sometimes.

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
After I've calmed down a bit that red actually isn't so egregious. Jelonch being a little bitch about it is awful but like, in the current day's laws it probably is a red. A good example of the need for an orange card or a 20 minute one. Was almost a technical penalty as not malicious and Jelonch was fine.

Up the Guts

Steve Williams (59)
Hi Dan, good to hear from you. Just waiting for the condemnation of the red, you came good later on that, so cheers. The comment wasn't aimed at you, btw, but glad a fellow ANZAC came to the party to say one of their own IS ABSOLUTELY FUCKING USELESS.

I ponder the point, if the same ref, touchies and TMO, all Kiwis were officiating a game and exactly the same thing happened, except it was an ALL Black that was responsible:

(1) would he have been red carded, or, even more fundamentally,

(2) would the TMO have intervened and driven the agenda.

I wonder . the ref was there, he didn't think anything of it at the time, but the TMO did, I wonder ...
Can we also get clarification on the two phases front?

Looked like after Paisami dropped it, it was:

Phase 1: Bell carries
Phase 2: Valetini carries
Phase 3: BPA scores

Could be wrong about the laws but Morgs seemed to say as much in the coverage.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
He only debut last Tuesday and did well made a few runs and one were he bumpped someone off. He had a good game tonight, and Paisami 12 Ikitau 13 looks the goods.. Although Paisami has to carry the ball better he loses it to much in contact.

I wouldnt mind Petaia in 14/15 in the All Black's game they said Daugunu broke his arm in the tellie cast. Wright may get another chanse Hodge probably deserves the 14 on effect alone. I guess lets see who's fit and go from there.

fucking sucks breaking your arm in your first test for the year in the first minute.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
If by some miscarriage of justice, MK is suspended, will he then miss the requisite number of games in TRC? Can't see an argument that he would have been playing club, even if club games go on in the meantime.

Up the Guts

Steve Williams (59)
If by some miscarriage of justice, MK is suspended, will he then miss the requisite number of games in TRC? Can't see an argument that he would have been playing club, even if club games go on in the meantime.
Maybe but I reckon we’ll find a way to bring him home either way.

And, if we keep putting up performances like that, we might find a few people over there are suddenly interested in coming back.

TSR

Mark Ella (57)
After I've calmed down a bit that red actually isn't so egregious. Jelonch being a little bitch about it is awful but like, in the current day's laws it probably is a red. A good example of the need for an orange card or a 20 minute one. Was almost a technical penalty as not malicious and Jelonch was fine.
I still think it was a very poor decision.

Player clearly dropped mate before contact. IMO there was clear mitigation.

Yellow - fine. Although I still feel that is a very harsh penalty when you can’t control the actions of the other player, it would be consistent with the current framework IMO. But I thought the Red Card was a clear error and one which, with 4 of them watching the screen, they should have been able to get right.

Up the Guts

Steve Williams (59)
Surely the logical move there from O’Keefe is to go yellow and no one raises it publicly again. At worst, he maybe gets a behind closed doors message dropped to him by World Rugby about being harsh on contact to the head. Now he’s public enemy number one like Gardner was with the contact in the air a few years ago.

Although, I notice Fraser seemed to be the one pushing it and he truly is shit.