• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Wallabies v France, Brisbane, Sat 17th July, 8pm

rod skellet

Bob Davidson (42)
Observations from this great wallabies win.
The team showed character and from that builds ticka to beat the Blacks.
The front row is still work in progress. To me the loose side is fine. Its the tight side that needs more depth.
Swain is a starter.
Swinton is very much in the mix to be a starting 6.
Hooper is our Capt and owns the 7.
McDermot starts.
Lolosio is inching closer to O'conner at 10 but the Queenslander still get my nod.
Paisami is a 12 and will be better with Pataia at 13.
Kormbeti is our best winger but fullback and winger still up for grabs.
Hodge must be in the 23 for his versatility.

Drew

Bob Davidson (42)
If by some miscarriage of justice, MK is suspended, will he then miss the requisite number of games in TRC? Can't see an argument that he would have been playing club, even if club games go on in the meantime.
Couple of Rebels played in Brisbane club rugby today

Running_rugby_1954

Dave Cowper (27)
Observations from this great wallabies win.
The team showed character and from that builds ticka to beat the Blacks.
The front row is still work in progress. To me the loose side is fine. Its the tight side that needs more depth.
Swain is a starter.
Swinton is very much in the mix to be a starting 6.
Hooper is our Capt and owns the 7.
McDermot starts.
Lolosio is inching closer to O'conner at 10 but the Queenslander still get my nod.
Paisami is a 12 and will be better with Pataia at 13.
Kormbeti is our best winger but fullback and winger still up for grabs.
Hodge must be in the 23 for his versatility.

Surprised your not pushing barker boys to start in the test team here Rod.

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
The picture at start of this article in pretty clear was not direct to head so that’s enough mitigation to avoid handing out red card.

https://www.sportingnews.com/au/rug...-absolute-travesty/17yp5t4e19b8z1wttdwbbk76oy

Kiwi refs could easily be perceived to have an anti Aussie bias based on this series without looking at SRTT or other non-neutral travesties.
There’s one angle that looks like his shoulder gets him flush on the jaw.
Although, if that was the case, old mate should have been out cold.

im pretty confident that 9/10 like that are red these days.

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
So if I’m not mistake the following players played 240mins of test rugby in 11 days:
- LSL (Lukhan Salakaia-Loto)
- Hooper
- Paisami
- Lolesio

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Hi Dan, good to hear from you. Just waiting for the condemnation of the red, you came good later on that, so cheers. The comment wasn't aimed at you, btw, but glad a fellow ANZAC came to the party to say one of their own IS ABSOLUTELY FUCKING USELESS.

I ponder the point, if the same ref, touchies and TMO, all Kiwis were officiating a game and exactly the same thing happened, except it was an ALL Black that was responsible:

(1) would he have been red carded, or, even more fundamentally,

(2) would the TMO have intervened and driven the agenda.

I wonder . the ref was there, he didn't think anything of it at the time, but the TMO did, I wonder ...

I agree shit decision, but to say it became because he's a kiwi ref is ridiculous, and if it had been an AB is just shit stirring.
Did you see the the Fiji/All Blacks test last week? Reffed by a kiwi ref panel and there was a case of a red card against Fiji if ever there was one under the protocols we playing under, they never even looked at it. So kind of ruins your argument.
Not sure if you saw when DMac was red carded by Nic Berry during super TT, was probably a bit harsh, but that was how Berry saw it under protocols, not because he an Aussie or anything, just how he interpreted it rightly or wrongly.
But then your abuse of kiwis on the board for a refs decisions says more about you than us.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Surely the logical move there from O’Keefe is to go yellow and no one raises it publicly again. At worst, he maybe gets a behind closed doors message dropped to him by World Rugby about being harsh on contact to the head. Now he’s public enemy number one like Gardner was with the contact in the air a few years ago.

Although, I notice Fraser seemed to be the one pushing it and he truly is shit.

Ok I an old bugger and do tend to think game has gone abit soft etc, but understand why, and we couldn't keep playing how we did when I played in the 70s etc, but I will say (and not in defence of O'Keefe) that I often say when anyone cops red or yellow etc, players have to just not put themselves in position where a ref has to make the call?
On last nights, decision, as I said I thought it was a penalty (so ruins my argument anyway), but I sorry UTG, if the ref did believe it was a red card (no matter how wrong) he HAS to give red card, giving YC to placate the crowd is perhaps not how the game should be reffed should it? Because then it will never stop.

Can I add in saying I thought it was wrong call, but for Australian rugby (or wallabies), I actually think it was not all bad, the fact that a plucky Wallaby team with 14 on the field still won is absolute gold in promotion of game in the country. And I loved seeing a great crowd there who would of gone home stoked with result, it was down to last few minutes, along with how shit Qld teams are doing in NRL ay moment for Qld (and slightly lesser to Aus) I reckon you couldn't buy that kind of promo for $1mill!!!;)

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Can we also get clarification on the two phases front?

Looked like after Paisami dropped it, it was:

Phase 1: Bell carries
Phase 2: Valetini carries
Phase 3: BPA scores

Could be wrong about the laws but Morgs seemed to say as much in the coverage.

I actually think it been moved to 3 phases or last set piece UTG, not sure where I read it, but seems the 2 phase has gone. Actually his decision was was perhaps wrong because after he dropped at (which I was n't real sure was forward) Paisami then fell on ball and played it on ground, so maybe should of been penalty.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Interestingly enough when Pocock came back from his sabbatical I though he was outstanding too. It was only when injuries caught up with him he fell away.

I wonder if it is demonstration of the value of these guys giving their body a bit of a break.

Mate have seen it time and again with ABs to, many reckon it adds a couple of years to their playing career.

Reactions: TSR

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
The picture at start of this article in pretty clear was not direct to head so that’s enough mitigation to avoid handing out red card.

https://www.sportingnews.com/au/rug...-absolute-travesty/17yp5t4e19b8z1wttdwbbk76oy

Kiwi refs could easily be perceived to have an anti Aussie bias based on this series without looking at SRTT or other non-neutral travesties.

Actually that picture means nothing as it looks to be before contact is even made, should never use still pictures to prove guilt or innocence mate, especially from that angle.
Actually looking at that video, looks prehaps a little worse than I originally thought, but regardless I didn't really like or agree with decision, but perhaps even on here we got some saying maybe it was a yellow, so maybe if it a YC etc etc.