• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Wallabies v France, Brisbane, Sat 17th July, 8pm

Up the Guts

Steve Williams (59)
Also, fuck O’Keefe for being goaded into the Red card by Fraser and the other clowns but he was way better around the ruck than those other two goobers we had. French game plan basically ineffective when they couldn’t lie all over the ball.

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
When we went down to 14 men after 5 minutes I thought this was game over and even towards second half expected France to run over us as our players tired covering with a man less on the field. Terrific gutsy win and great series.

French rugby has some great depth as really enjoyed the quality of the French opposition and play from them.

TSR

Mark Ella (57)
Agree. Gives some hope that systems are not only in place, but working.
The systems and processes will take some time.

Going from Cheika’s ‘no kick’ policy and barn dance defence to a more rounded game. Not to mentioned the not insignificant changeover of significant players. But tonight was a great step forward.

No doubt we’ll have steps back at times, but it was a really good step forward. And bloody good to watch.

Personally I was happy to see Nasirani get a chance for redemption too. Not sure if we’ll see him back or not, but glad he didn’t end his test career being unceremoniously dumped. Thought he was great tonight.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
McDermott's passing and box kicks tonight putting a lie to these being a e weakness

I agree but on the other hand his service from the ruck was very slow on occasions. I just don't know why Aus No 9s are so slow to clear the ball from the ruck so many times.

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
Interesting that Uelese who wasn’t even in the initial squad was our bench hooker and did the bench hooker perfectly, came on and didn’t fuck up anything. Longeran is my pick for the future but I’m not sure we win those final scrums with Longeran on.

Also I was very disinterested in Swain when the squad was announced, thinking my Rebels Hosea should’ve been in the squad, but Swain was probably my man of the tournament after Hooper.

Yeh Swain for me one of our best and deserves his starting spot over Phillips. With Rodda back and in the mix competition for lock spot gets interesting. Noah also continues to improve as thought he had an excellent game tonight. Thought Tate was good too. Definitely Swinton I thought was good with Valetini coming from the bench. Naisarani was also very good as was Tupou.

Double Agent

Allen Oxlade (6)
What a game. Man I love that Hooper leads us. He is a machine. As a Reds fan at times over the years I've thought there were perhaps better, or different options at 7 but man he is a brilliant. But I'm 100% wrong. And I think the stint in Japan has really helped him as captain. I guess playing with Read and under Hansen can't hurt. His linking with McDermott tonight was fantastic - would they have ever played 7s together? Seemed to have a good rapport.

Joe Blow

Peter Sullivan (51)
Interesting that Uelese who wasn’t even in the initial squad was our bench hooker and did the bench hooker perfectly, came on and didn’t fuck up anything. Longeran is my pick for the future but I’m not sure we win those final scrums with Longeran on.

Also I was very disinterested in Swain when the squad was announced, thinking my Rebels Hosea should’ve been in the squad, but Swain was probably my man of the tournament after Hooper.
He’s got test second rower written all over him.

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
Being at the ground for the first and third games, it was noticeable the lift in the physical intensity of the Wallabies. What was also notable was just how fast the French back three are.

Amazingly Penaud was contained when they had a man advantage. Jaminet doesn't even play in the top league which is nuts.

Up the Guts

Steve Williams (59)
Amazingly Penaud was contained when they had a man advantage. Jaminet doesn't even play in the top league which is nuts.
Is it nuts? He had a nice catch or two and ran around a forward once but looked largely pedestrian in attack.

It was actually basically 14 on 14 since that right winger did nothing.