• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Wallabies v Italy, Florence, Sun 13th Nov 12am AEDT

Status
Not open for further replies.

ACT Crusader

Jim Lenehan (48)
Donaldson on debut misses the conversion. Feel for the kid.

But what a win by the Italians. Some of their running was brilliant.

Ebbs and flows of the game though. Some ordinary discipline from the Wallabies. Some very poor execution by the Italians.

Namerican

Bill Watson (15)
Wow, that was a pitiful performance by the Wallabies. The sheer quantity of idiotic decisions and poor discipline is shocking for an international team. Wright had two crazy passes. Everyone else: a near forward pass in the try zone, a late yellow for a hit, hitting a player without the ball, at least two F-level kicks by Tate and someone else, high tackles, no rucking, forward throw in the lineout on their 5 meter line TWICE. And why on Earth, with a penalty advantage, down by 6, in front of the posts, do you kick to the corner for a 2% chance at a try? Are these players plain stupid?

The Canadian women's rugby teams, who play in their spare time while holding a job, were more clinical than this team.

The only positive is that Will Skeleton looked great and Paisami played well on defense.

Wright, Hanigan, Fainga'a, Gordon, McRight, Lonergan, Lolesio, the backup 10: need to be fired to the moon. Kerr Barlow is eligible now no?

Part of me wonders if Rennie is sandbagging for some odd reason. Either he doesn't want the job, is saving players, is testing things out, or is trying to look like shit to loosen up rules on overseas selections. Or he/they are just shit. Probably the later.

Running_rugby_1954

Dave Cowper (27)
We are so strange to watch. Some of our players looked really good in an individual moment, but we just lack any cohesion and focus.

We just kick aimlessly, run without shape and give away the weakest penalties.

Marce

John Thornett (49)
I was talking with a friend of mine who is a League diehard supporter. We commented together about the Kangaroos vs Kiwis blockbuster on live. Then I suggested him to watch the Wallabies game against the Italians.

How can I explain him this disaster? A lost against a non-traditional rugby nation? And we were talk about how competitive are the Kiwis against Kangaroos being the Wallabies of International Rugby League.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
I was talking with a friend of mine who is a League diehard supporter. We commented together about the Kangaroos vs Kiwis blockbuster on live. Then I suggested him to watch the Wallabies game against the Italians.

How can I explain him this disaster? A lost against a non-traditional rugby nation? And we were talk about how competitive are the Kiwis against Kangaroos being the Wallabies of International Rugby League.
No one cares mate.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member

The kiwis played the Kangaroos? When?

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
I hate to use it as an excuse, but we made a lot of changes to a team that is already missing a lot of their best players through injury and it backfired...

And one reason I hate to use it as an excuse is that despite that we still had a lot of talented players on the field... but they performed like an Aus A team in a test match.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
I hate to use it as an excuse, but we made a lot of changes to a team that is already missing a lot of their best players through injury and it backfired...

And one reason I hate to use it as an excuse is that despite that we still had a lot of talented players on the field... but they performed like an Aus A team in a test match.
You can't really say it backfired, I think they were aware of the danger but it had to be done, even if they played and won, you're risking not just poor performance in the next 2 but also injury.

The discipline is the problem, double the pen count against us AGAIN. Rennie can't control them.

Namerican

Bill Watson (15)
They played about as poorly as possible and still almost won somehow with a B level roster.

I wouldn't be as worried if they played coherently and lost to a good team. But they played like a bunch of guys from a local club side who just met each other and don't much care if they win or lose.

Status
Not open for further replies.