• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Wallabies v Italy, Florence, Sun 13th Nov 12am AEDT

Status
Not open for further replies.

griffins

Jimmy Flynn (14)
Hopefully someone better than Stewart.
Yeh I actually liked the combination he's formed with Foketi but injury has cruelled that partnership. Not sure Stewart does anything at test level apart from try his absolute guts out.

dru

Tim Horan (67)
The only reason you would not play Stewart against Italy is because there were better operators in front of him. It's got nothing to do with the guy's ability and how he would perform against Italy. Right now, that query as who is available that is better than him (allowing for injury and rest) is pretty thin.

It won't happen, but I'd have no issues if it did.

The Ghost of Raelene

Mark Ella (57)
I'm not so sure about resting anyone for this match unless they really need it, and you plan on them playing 60min+ v Ireland and Wales.

All of these games are WC prep, and I don't really like the idea of giving guys a run who aren't in the plans for that squad. I know they could play themselves into the squad potentially, but I'd still want to see as strong a side we can sensibly put out there. We don't have the depth to just throw guys around and still win by 25.

I agree with the point about Gordon being the 3rd halfback now. Tate has a much higher ceiling and love him or hate him White is a better Halfback. At least we have 3 halfbacks in the squad that are at standard.

Rugby follower

Darby Loudon (17)
I'm not so sure about resting anyone for this match unless they really need it, and you plan on them playing 60min+ v Ireland and Wales.

All of these games are WC prep, and I don't really like the idea of giving guys a run who aren't in the plans for that squad. I know they could play themselves into the squad potentially, but I'd still want to see as strong a side we can sensibly put out there. We don't have the depth to just throw guys around and still win by 25.

I agree with the point about Gordon being the 3rd halfback now. Tate has a much higher ceiling and love him or hate him White is a better Halfback. At least we have 3 halfbacks in the squad that are at standard.
All online news reports are saying Gordon will start this game, so I am guessing Tate is on the bench. So what will happen game 4, best performer of the 3 start and second best on the bench?

The Ghost of Raelene

Mark Ella (57)
Tate and White for Ireland IMO. Who starts is anyone's guess, but I'd lean towards Tate. All the pressure is on Ireland to beat us in that one so why not throw in the live wire and spark something.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
The word is best team for Ireland based on the preceding tests...

On that basis White would start with Tate on the bench.

Viking

Mark Ella (57)
Tate and White for Ireland IMO. Who starts is anyone's guess, but I'd lean towards Tate. All the pressure is on Ireland to beat us in that one so why not throw in the live wire and spark something.

I like White coming off the bench too to finish it. I prefer the strong decision maker, more experienced player finishing a tight match. But I would bring him on very early in the second half.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
Most of the good stuff we did against France came off White. I like McDermott and his snipes but with a playmaker like Foley outside him I don't think he's the man for that match.

Ballboy

Chris McKivat (8)
i would favour Mister Right at 6 and Holloway at 7 ,, McRight is a genuine fetcher ( which we desperately need ) and Holloway just keeps improving

Lindommer

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
Holloway should be rested for this match, he's played more than enough minutes and risks picking up an injury if he becomes fatigued. ATM he's the best gold 7. Hanigan's increased involvement and physicality in the A games needs to be tested here. We don't lose anything in the lineout with Ned playing.

McReight, also, must be tested at this level. I'd start him if I was a selector.

Wilson

David Codey (61)
i would favour Mister Right at 6 and Holloway at 7 ,, McRight is a genuine fetcher ( which we desperately need ) and Holloway just keeps improving
Holloway should be rested for this match, he's played more than enough minutes and risks picking up an injury if he becomes fatigued. ATM he's the best gold 7. Hanigan's increased involvement and physicality in the A games needs to be tested here. We don't lose anything in the lineout with Ned playing.

McReight, also, must be tested at this level. I'd start him if I was a selector.
I reckon you're both at sixes and sevens with the positions here...

RebelYell

Arch Winning (36)
We are extremely lucky not to be 0-2. We should be picking a strong squad and not rotating unless absolutely necessary

Status
Not open for further replies.