• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Wallabies v Springboks - Adelaide Oval, Sat 27th August, 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

dru

Tim Horan (67)
Brilliant win. But why oh why did we stop playing the game plan that was working in the final 10 and piss away the bonus point??

Tupou comes on and they score twice lol. HJH (Harry Johnson-Holmes) (Harry Johnson-Holmes) can't come back fast enough.

I think Tupou conceded a knock on, penalty and missed the tackle for the final try. If you don't wanna be there mate jog on.

Come on Derpus. Not just Tupou. The bench was emptied, but we had no pace. Tupou didn't help much but he's not responsible for the turn.

stillmissit

Chilla Wilson (44)
Thanks Dru and all the guys for the updates, at least I got a feeling for the game and it's a must-watch next week when I'm back.

Reactions: dru

Tomthumb

Colin Windon (37)
Come on Derpus. Not just Tupou. The bench was emptied, but we had no pace. Tupou didn't help much but he's not responsible for the turn.
He played 20 minutes and never got out of a jog. I’d rather a subbies player that at least tried

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
Wobs stopped them up front and die bokke had no plan B. Although it seems like SA thought hey, we've mastered the kick/set piece safe dull drudgery, away from home now, lets have some fun and see if we've got any sort of running game to speak of.

They didnt really.

Suspect they'll revert to type next week.

ps Fran Steyn with possibly the single worst performance by a substitute in rugby football test match history.

A mutterer

Chilla Wilson (44)
Great win, would have loved us to keep our foot on their throat, the drop off in intensity was noticeable. At least we won, after last game and the dropped heads I'll take it.

Phillip, Holloway got through some dirty hard work and we definitely took it to the ddf's.

Also, koroibete!!!!

Running_rugby_1954

Dave Cowper (27)
Wallabies won that with their defense in the back end of the first half. And taking their opportunities early this time unlike the England game.

WorkingClassRugger

David Codey (61)
Well, outside of the last 10 minutes we controlled that 2nd half. Much better. But I think we won that in that 10 minutes leading into the break.

Reactions: dru

Viking

Mark Ella (57)
Wallabies surprisingly won the kicking battle. I think the Boks kicked very poorly for their standards.

A mutterer

Chilla Wilson (44)
Brilliant win. But why oh why did we stop playing the game plan that was working in the final 10 and piss away the bonus point??

Tupou comes on and they score twice lol. HJH (Harry Johnson-Holmes) (Harry Johnson-Holmes) can't come back fast enough.

I think Tupou conceded a knock on, penalty and missed the tackle for the final try. If you don't wanna be there mate jog on.
He did.

Jogged on and stayed at the same pace for his minutes .....

dru

Tim Horan (67)
I thought Samu and Tate added energy. Leota and Sio was okay.

Samu had his moments so did Tate. TBH though, the pace is largely dictated by the half, and I wanted more from Tate. Of course he can only go as hard as the players around are ready for. Still the last 10 was a poor finish.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
Nah I actually blame Paisami. He got cocky and started running it away from support in positions he shouldn't have and we lost the element of control that he was otherwise providing.

Status
Not open for further replies.