• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Wallabies v Springboks - Adelaide Oval, Sat 27th August, 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Its simple - you must use 'both' arms to grasp (wrap) around the attacking player...

Not charge head long into the attacker - if he had used both arms, then he would not have been upended as what eventuated...
Why would you need both arms to grasp an attacker? It is quite usual and safe to tackle using one arm. Korbite's tackle while may of been looked at quickly generally passed the test that he hadn't tucked arm. You still in a tackle do not grasp with hands or arms, you actually generally should hit witn shoulder with in a position it CAN wrap. In Korobite's case player had gone before completing wrap in my opinion so ok.

stillmissit

Chilla Wilson (44)
Why would you need both arms to grasp an attacker? It is quite usual and safe to tackle using one arm. Korbite's tackle while may of been looked at quickly generally passed the test that he hadn't tucked arm. You still in a tackle do not grasp with hands or arms, you actually generally should hit witn shoulder with in a position it CAN wrap. In Korobite's case player had gone before completing wrap in my opinion so ok.
Bit of a misunderstanding of the rules by the old boy and he's not alone here.

O

Old High Boy

You cant tackle with one arm, and use the other arm tucked into your body, and leading with the shoulder...

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
You cant tackle with one arm, and use the other arm tucked into your body, and leading with the shoulder...
No and none says you can, all I saying it wrong to say you have to use 2 arms, you can't tuck arm and hit with leading shoulder as that becomes shoulder charge, you have to attempt to wrap the leading shoulder arm , as Korobite did.

dru

Tim Horan (67)

Rule 10, buddy.
10. If another poster does not understand or agree with your point after 3 or 4 attempts, LET IT GO, WALK AWAY. It is very boring for other posters when the thread gets hijacked by two people having an argument.

Status
Not open for further replies.