• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Wallabies v. Wales - 1 Dec

Status
Not open for further replies.

vidiot

John Solomon (38)
shouldnt have had to dive.he jogged at him and showed him the sideline. The guy almost laughed before he took off.have to disagree on Higgers.

If a winger can't beat an forward from where he was he should be playing for Australia. Higginbotham had come off the scrum in the middle of the field but was chasing the winger. He was at least trying to cover a gigantic defensive misread by the backs, and not get stepped back inside.

I don't think Higgers did too much before he got injured. Dennis had an excellent game and was obviously crucial in the match winning try....

Yeah Dennis had a pretty good game and ran it out to the death, obviously was part of the final - sorry, thats redundant, the try.

Higginbotham was only on for 12 minutes before he was injured. He was subbed after 15 mins for Dennis.

In the first 12 minutes he carried a few times including a good run over the advantage line in the first couple of minutes, beating a tackler. This happens rarely enough that it stuck in my mind. I thought he got involved in a couple of rucks in a useful way. He chased kicks, followed other runners, took an offload from Palu.

He seems to have become the guy people love to hate. Well one of those guys.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
I thought he was looking very good before he got injured, knocking Charteris out was nice. Aus had all the momentum when he was on.

drewprint

John Solomon (38)
Yup, I've been happy to admit when Higgers has been good or crap (an each way bet for awhile now) but for the short time we saw him he was definitely switched on.

scaraby

Ron Walden (29)
If a winger can't beat an forward from where he was he should be playing for Australia. Higginbotham had come off the scrum in the middle of the field but was chasing the winger. He was at least trying to cover a gigantic defensive misread by the backs, and not get stepped back inside.

Yeah Dennis had a pretty good game and ran it out to the death, obviously was part of the final - sorry, thats redundant, the try.

Higginbotham was only on for 12 minutes before he was injured. He was subbed after 15 mins for Dennis.

In the first 12 minutes he carried a few times including a good run over the advantage line in the first couple of minutes, beating a tackler. This happens rarely enough that it stuck in my mind. I thought he got involved in a couple of rucks in a useful way. He chased kicks, followed other runners, took an offload from Palu.

I don't hate anyone...........the guys a Wallaby I wasnt............
I was commenting on one play.
Why did he show him the sideline if as you quote "If a winger can't beat an forward from where he was he should be playing for Australia. "
The winger wouldnt have beaten Dennis or Hooper....I dont play the NSW v QLD game which i detect sneaking in..they are all Wallabies.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member

I re-watched the first 12 minutes and I take back that Higgers wasn't getting involved.

I think I was clouded by his return against Italy which wasn't very impressive particularly after Dennis was excellent against England.

I like Higgers as a player and definitely think he is our best 6 currently. It is great that Dennis has now played a couple of tests where he has done well and shown that he is capable of being an international 6. We need both these guys to excel.

baz

Frank Nicholson (4)
Harris may be pedestrian and but he turns up at the right time and commits a defender before throwing a pass. He even seems to have a rough idea when to kick and when to pass.

You can't teach that. Apparently.

oh you mean he's a rugby player, not a flash harry....

The Rant

Fred Wood (13)
Watching the game I remember thinking that I was hearing the name 'Dennis' more times than every other game he'd played put together.

Did anyone else think that AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper)'s foward pass was ok? Looked dead fine on the overhead to me - at least way to close to call forward. not that it was a certain try. But nice to see a midfield bust again.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Was definitely backwards. Can't believe the number of people who don't understand a ball is allowed to travel forward if it was thrown backwards out of the hands.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
The funny part is that if it was higgers he would have been derided for it, but Dennis (rightly) gets praise for how he handled the situation.
I'm sure everyone would have called for his head if he made the final play for a try. o_O
I mean, there are quite a few who howled a player down for actually scoring a try earlier this year.
Tough crowd to please here.

Status
Not open for further replies.