• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Wallabies v. Wales - 1 Dec

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brumby Jack

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
The team rehab curse has struck again with Brett Sheehan out of this weekends game with an ankle injury. He will have scans to see whether the dreaded syndesmosis is the injury.

Brendan McKibbon has been called in as cover so I guess Nick Phipps will get the start this week.

In other news, Kane Douglas could be a chance of making the team which will be good because we need some cover at lock.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
I would bring Dennis back into the starting side at 6. Higginbotham was largely ineffective against Italy. Dennis was terrific against England.

Hopefully Pocock is fit to return to the bench at the expense of Gill.

The backline should be the same. I imagine Digby will be unavailable after his tackle in the air.

TPN will presumably take the place of Hansen on the bench.

BarneySF

Bob Loudon (25)
This is the battle of Backs Against Wall - was our performance against ITie enough to spur us on for a "play well every 2 game" effort, or will Wales' relegation fire them up more? Dare say more is at stake with the latter and NH teams tend to break ducks against us. Sonsabitches.

matty_k

Peter Johnson (47)
Staff member
There was a sight elbow to the head of one Italian during one of the tussles. I'm assuming this is the reason.

No4918

John Hipwell (52)
There was a sight elbow to the head of one Italian during one of the tussles. I'm assuming this is the reason.

I had forgotten about it but it definitely wasn't pretty and will probably warrant a spell. Was in the incident Sharpe had his hands across someone's eyes/face. Bit silly all round.

Tangawizi

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Far out - going on the scale of Greyling getting 2 weeks, Timani shouldn't have been cited. I was a love tap at best.

Looking forward to playing our Welsh bunnies this weekend. Their confidence must be even worse than the Wallabies now and Gatland should be under the pump to get a result.

I wonder if Phipps was ever to make one of those trick passing YouTube clips, how many takes would end up on the cutting room floor before he actually hit the target? Don't suspect we'll find out this weekend though.

No4918

John Hipwell (52)
Wha about the choker hold around sharpes neck that started it all?

I saw the replay of that quite a bit after the first incident and did not realise that's what kicked it off. At the time the replay of Timani was shown i thought something had happened after a scrum collapse. Damn that was crap coverage.

Kaz

Ted Fahey (11)
It may be fugly but think the boys will lift.
Sharpie's last test should matter at so many levels.

On a separate note, some big qs include
1) will a win mean this tour was a success?
2) will our scrum smash the Welsh or dissolve ?
3) will we score more than 1 try?
4) will the honey badger get his tour hat trick ?

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Kaz
1) will a win mean this tour was a success? Yes, We beat the Soap Dodgers. That is the success KPI.
2) will our scrum smash the Welsh or dissolve ? Hmmmm. It hasn't been as good as it was in 2011.
3) will we score more than 1 try? Will the Boyos leave the roof open or closed? Rain is predicted this week. We are not known for our heavy track ability.
4) will the honey badger get his tour hat trick ? As good a chance as any.
Supplementary Q
5) Will AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) be in trouble for passing the ball 3 times in Florence and go to ground every time?
6) Will Cardiffblue and his Optimism Gnome fire up on these threads after a long absence?

Wobs by 7-10.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
The cynic in me says they will open the roof during the week to get the pitch waterlogged, and then close it on gameday to make better conditions for the spectators and TV.

Joe Blow

Peter Sullivan (51)
This is a game we should win. We have had the wood on the Welsh of late and they have not had a very inspiring Autumn series.
We know them fairly well and we should be able to account for them without too much trouble................we wish.
Sharpies last test should be motivation enough for the"group".

Status
Not open for further replies.