• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Wallabies v. Wales - 1 Dec

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
Sharpies last test is reason enough for the team to be up for this game.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Wales will smoke us to end the 7 game winning streak. 15th Test of the year, they got nothing left.

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
I think how well our scrum performs will depend a fair bit on whether Timani starts or not. If you go back and look at our "strong" scrum performances it has been when he has been packing at lock. Obviously it should go without saying but I'll say it anyway, the front row will have the biggest effect but with Ben and Benn up front with Taf or Squeaky in the middle. We have the best chance.

So the team is looking like:

1 or 3: Ben*
2: Moore
3 or 1: Benn*
4. Timani (if not suspended)
5. Sharpe (c)
6. Dennis
7. Hooper
8. Palu
9. Phipps
10. Beale
11. Ioane
12. Tapaui
13. AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper)
14. Cummins
15. Barnes

16 - 23
Slipper
Kepu
TPN
Higgers/Douglas (if fit)
Pocock/Gill
McKibbin
Mitchell
Harris

*I know it's a pet peeve for most on here when people get the 1 and the 3 mixed up so instead of guesing and failing I'll just run with this method. ;)

Worst case scenario, if Timani gets a rest and Douglas is crocked still Neville into the starting spot with Higgers still on the bench. If you still want 2nd row cover on the bench (ie not on the field as in Dennis) then switch Higgers with Samo on the bench.

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
....*I know it's a pet peeve for most on here when people get the 1 and the 3 mixed up so instead of guesing and failing I'll just run with this method. ;)
I think the issue for a lot of the peevies(or is it peevors) is that they believe the National coach keeps mixing them up.
(I'll admit I have no idea, I always thought the front row were only ever used to get the kegs up the stairs)

emuarse

Desmond Connor (43)
There was a sight elbow to the head of one Italian during one of the tussles. I'm assuming this is the reason.

Didn't the Italian actually head butt the elbow of the Wallaby - they'll do anything for a penalty (or yellow card send off) heh

Joe Blow

Peter Sullivan (51)
I think Wales have more injuries than us right now and are struggling to field a couple of decent props.
Our scrum should not be threatened this week.

vissievisa

Bob McCowan (2)
The cynic in me says they will open the roof during the week to get the pitch waterlogged, and then close it on gameday to make better conditions for the spectators and TV.
It's not due to rain all week in Cardiff. Pretty Dry cold conditions all round up here, there'll be very little rain during the week to make the pitch heavy - should be solid, so advantage Wallabies in that aspect of the game.

Wales have lost a poor front row in jarvis to an unfortunate injury, and there's not much international standard backup after that. They are seriously short on second row cover with only Charteris fit, and it'll probably be a backrow slotting in there as Bradley Davies wont come back after Hore mugged him for shepherding, or there may be a new cap coming in at lock.

Biggar is unlikely to make it after the Samoans buggered him, and Priestland has just been bad, as you know, for a year now. Paul James and James Hook, two of their more able bench-sitters v the All Blacks, are back at their clubs due to game outside international window. Hook leaving also means even less backup at ten should Biggar not make it. North is touch and go, and the winger Liam Williams that played last week is a full back at best. It's not looking pretty for Wales at the moment.

Anyone know what the craic is with Pocock?

Lindommer

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
I think the issue for a lot of the peevies(or is it peevors) is that they believe the national coach keeps mixing them up.

Well, I'm a peevor who thinks Deans doesn't know where Alexander and Slipper play best, 1 or 3.

No, I take that back, Dingo's quite aware they're both props.

Bruce Ross

Ken Catchpole (46)
Bradley Davies wont come back after Hore mugged him for shepherding, or there may be a new cap coming in at lock.

Biggar is unlikely to make it after the Samoans buggered him, and Priestland has just been bad, as you know, for a year now.
Hore should be ashamed of himself, vv, but what you're accusing the Samoans of has absolutely no place on a rugby field, and arguably not even in the dressing sheds afterwards.

en_force_er

Geoff Shaw (53)
I actually think people's love of Cummins pretty funny. He's been consistently good in Super Rugby for the last 2-3 and people were saying he'd never been a Wallaby because he's too one dimensional and now they love his charm and hard running.

It's a funny community the rugby one.

Schadenfreude

John Solomon (38)
I actually think people's love of Cummins pretty funny. He's been consistently good in Super Rugby for the last 2-3 and people were saying he'd never been a Wallaby because he's too one dimensional and now they love his charm and hard running.

Same goes for the entire back line:

Phipps' major talent is getting picked.
Beale crabs
Digby can't kick
No-one south of the Tweed rated Tapuai.
AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) can't / won't pass.
Barnes has never played 15.

Forwards aren't immune either, with Hooper and Gill pretty consistently ignored.

I'm starting to think this whole "we don't have the cattle" talk is massive amounts of bullshit. Can't understand why there isn't any player rotation in Oz rugby.

en_force_er

Geoff Shaw (53)
Same goes for the entire back line:

Phipps' major talent is getting picked.
Beale crabs
Digby can't kick
No-one south of the Tweed rated Tapuai.
AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) can't / won't pass.
Barnes has never played 15.

Forwards aren't immune either, with Hooper and Gill pretty consistently ignored.

I'm starting to think this whole "we don't have the cattle" talk is massive amounts of bullshit. Can't understand why there isn't any player rotation in Oz rugby.

If we had an Australia A to play anything even slightly resembling the Tonga/Samoa/Fiji that toured Europe this year then we wouldn't need to name silly XVs that lose to Scotland.

Maybe Aus A is the answer rather than a 3rd tier? ... not that I wouldn't love a 3rd tier.

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)

Those must have been people from the East. We've been blowing the trumpet long and hard for his selection for at least a year now!

Status
Not open for further replies.