• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Wallabies v Wales

Status
Not open for further replies.

waratahjesus

Greg Davis (50)
Henry said:
Scarfman said:
Yes. Exactly 0% possibility.

So wing for the Wallabies is fine but he isn't good enough for the Tahs? :yay

i agree with you henry, he is a good player, he makes mistakes but he also creates opportunities, i dont like his kicking game and would prefer turner or beale at fullback, but i like beale more at 12 or 10 so i really dont mind, at super 14 level he can get away with fullback and wing, but its wing for the wallabies all the way!

C

chief

Unless Gits steps up we are gone. I'm currently in deliberations with myself as to whether I should wake up for the game.

Reddy!

Bob Davidson (42)
Just watch the replay if you have foxsports and try to avoid media contact until you watch it.

louie

Desmond Connor (43)
not staying up for this one. last week really rooted up my sleep patterns. i was still sleepy on thursday. will watch first thing. go boys !!!!

Thomond78

Colin Windon (37)
Lee Grant said:
Well done to your lads too T78. What a great year they have had !!!

Cheers, LG.

As it happens, by strange coincidence, the only team not to lose to us, at senior or even A level since this time last year is - Australia.

Knew we should have played the ABs this year to get that particular monkey off our backs... .(

cheezel

Bill Watson (15)
Good game, great way to finish a fairly ordinary year. Gits played the best game he's played in a long time and the forwards dominated the breakdown again. Wales were unlucky to lose so many to injury and looked fairly flat most of the game.

S

Spook

Thomond78 said:
Lee Grant said:
Well done to your lads too T78. What a great year they have had !!!

Cheers, LG.

As it happens, by strange coincidence, the only team not to lose to us, at senior or even A level since this time last year is - Australia.

Knew we should have played the ABs this year to get that particular monkey off our backs... .(

Based on what they did against France, I think the Kiwis are again the best in the world.

Scotty

David Codey (61)
Well played but against a poor opposition.

Good to see our kicking improve and Giteau play well. Funny how the two tries that he set up came when he was playing outside of Cooper. If that doesn't tell Robbie and him something, then they are never going to get it.

unsub god

Herbert Moran (7)
3- Pocock
2- Robinson
1- Genia

I don't think we would have won as easily without Pocock's dominant 1st half. Robinson really disrupted their scrum (again) and Genia cleaned up a lot of the Welsh kicked ball and generally took the right options.

C

chief

Australia's front row is the most dominant in world rugby. I would have loved a match against France to see how we match up. Aside from that a good game of rugby. Smith and Pocock clearly stole the breakdown show easily. Imagine if it was rolling subs, I reckon we could definately see Smith and Pocock wrecking shit up.

Genia and AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) in the air was very good. Genia all day provided crisp ball. I thought Hynes was good, a bit surprised Deans didn't play him at outside centre for this match, too me it seems as though he would be that midfield defense that we really need.

Gits really found the gaps, and I was very impressed with him at #12 not as much at #10. His ability to find gaps reminded me of Stephen Larkham- without the ability to glide through like the legend did. But it was a good site to see a player like him really asserting himself and proving the critics wrong.

The 2nd rowers gave away too many penalties in kicking range. Those penalties could have cost the Walabies a lot more had the Welsh capitalised on those opportunities they had. When they were within 11 points I reckon they could have had us if they didn't make a few crucial errors.

Despite my ranting on the chat about Wayne Barnes, I thought he had a good game, and allowed the dominating team to well dominate at the scrum and ruck, which a few referees this year haven't allowed us to do.

Aside for that it was a game of Rugby that Australian Rugby really needed, and what people like us just really wanted to see, it actually makes me look forward to the Super 14 next year. Despite the fact that Bryce Lawrence will be a regular.

S

Spook

I thought Mumm was very good on the restarts and in the lineout. However, he gave away 2 penalties straight after half time that had me tearing my hair out. In saying that he was overall very solid.

spectator

Bob Davidson (42)
chief said:
Australia's front row is the most dominant in world rugby. I would have loved a match against France to see how we match up. Aside from that a good game of rugby. Smith and Pocock clearly stole the breakdown show easily. Imagine if it was rolling subs, I reckon we could definately see Smith and Pocock wrecking shit up.

Genia and AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) in the air was very good. Genia all day provided crisp ball. I thought Hynes was good, a bit surprised Deans didn't play him at outside centre for this match, too me it seems as though he would be that midfield defense that we really need.

Gits really found the gaps, and I was very impressed with him at #12 not as much at #10. His ability to find gaps reminded me of Stephen Larkham- without the ability to glide through like the legend did. But it was a good site to see a player like him really asserting himself and proving the critics wrong.

The 2nd rowers gave away too many penalties in kicking range. Those penalties could have cost the Walabies a lot more had the Welsh capitalised on those opportunities they had. When they were within 11 points I reckon they could have had us if they didn't make a few crucial errors.

Despite my ranting on the chat about Wayne Barnes, I thought he had a good game, and allowed the dominating team to well dominate at the scrum and ruck, which a few referees this year haven't allowed us to do.

Aside for that it was a game of Rugby that Australian Rugby really needed, and what people like us just really wanted to see, it actually makes me look forward to the Super 14 next year. Despite the fact that Bryce Lawrence will be a regular.
Agree with most of your comments there Chief. The front row and opensides were tremendous!

Hynes is always solid but I don't know if he is a 13. I reckon he and Digby should be starting wingers if they can find another outside centre option.

Great stuff. Can't really bag the play of a team who won four tries to nil.

Scotty

David Codey (61)

Funny you say that because I think Hynes and Digby swapped around in attack a few times.

ACT Crusader

Jim Lenehan (48)
Pocock a stand out today. Popped up everywhere and got his hands on the ball either to win ball or slow it down for the Welsh. Excellent opensiders game.

Well done to OZ and put pressure on the Welsh from the get go. Wales dropped their bundle andhad a few injuries and were basically goneburger.

Is Deans still safe??

E

El Barto

ACT Crusader said:
Is Deans still safe??

The best man for the job, regardless of Tour outcome. I'm 100% behind him, besides who else is there! :eek:

G

GC

Watching the match now - this is the same team that played Scootland isn't it?

Prediction: In 1 to 2 years Pocock, providing injury free, will be recognised as the best player in the world. Unlike so many others, he's living to up the hype.

rsea

Darby Loudon (17)
quick ball at the ruck was the difference
we just don't get quality ball like that against other teams

Status
Not open for further replies.