• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Wallabies vs Ireland - 3rd test - Saturday 23rd June 2018 - Sydney Football Stadium

Status
Not open for further replies.

Istanbul

Vay Wilson (31)
Who are Cheika's 2nd choice 10s?
Beale.
Hodge.
Who else is there, outside of Cheika's radar?
Sam Lane
Quade
Stewart

None of whom ever get 1 minute at 10 in test matches (from set pieces anyway)

Wouldn't go back to Quade but would rather any of the other options you listed. Anyone but Foley - in fact I'd even take Quade ahead of him as dumb as that is. Whatever the answer is it doesn't start with F and end in oley!

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
I am actually over players being picked independent of performance. You can quote all the stats you like, he is not getting the job done when it matters. If he was the 1 stat that matters, wins and losses would not be as poor as it is. For both teams he plays for. His job comes with a lot of consequence , he isn’t aiming up. Apologising for that is bullshit.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Drop all the Wallabies then - they all have shit win/loss records over the past couple of seasons in Tests and Super because all the Aus Super teams have been poor.
Oh, sorry, they're all Foley's fault. Gotcha.
Making stupid statements is bullshit.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
Wouldn't go back to Quade but would rather any of the other options you listed. Anyone but Foley - in fact I'd even take Quade ahead of him as dumb as that is. Whatever the answer is it doesn't start with F and end in oley!
I just wish any of the options actually presented a chance of finding a player better than him. Its a glaring weakness and he did cost us that game. But they just don't.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Lost

Ted Fahey (11)
Drop all the Wallabies then - they all have shit win/loss records over the past couple of seasons in Tests and Super because all the Sus Super teams have been poor.
Oh, sorry, they're all Foley's fault. Gotcha.
Making stupid statements is bullshit.

I thought you called it a night?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Up the Guts

Steve Williams (59)
Who are Cheika's 2nd choice 10s?
Beale.
Hodge.
Who else is there, outside of Cheika's radar?
Sam Lane
Quade
Stewart

None of whom ever get 1 minute at 10 in test matches (from set pieces anyway)
Reckon we’d be throwing the chequebook at To'omua if Foley was out for an extended period.

Istanbul

Vay Wilson (31)
What are people's thoughts on Brandon Paenga-Amosa? He hasn't been horrible but he hasn't set the world on fire either. Tolu Latu looked very good when he came on and I'm keen to see Fai'anga Folau get a shot at some stage. Not convinced BPA should keep the 2 jumper.

Istanbul

Vay Wilson (31)
There seems to be a strong correlation between the temperament of the team and the temperament of Chekia in the coaching box. Game 1 wallabies looked focused and controlled and Chekia seemed like a professional leader of a national team. Tonight he was back to his embarrassing ways of blowing up, thumping tables and acting more like a thuggish spectator than a composed leader.

ForceFan

Chilla Wilson (44)
Indeed - the lifter clearly dropped him and every replay showed it.

This view would suggest that the TMO & Ref got the call correct - despite the protestations of the FoxSports commentators.

36030960_10214813464663679_6009570475955453952_n.jpg

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
Yeah problem is, you can make anything look bad with slo mo. He was going for the. Ball and ended up hooking the player. Symptom of the tmo fetish we have these days. Will do nothing for the game.but send it to the bin.
This view would suggest that the TMO & Ref got the call correct - despite the protestations of the FoxSports commentators.

View attachment 10051

the plastic paddy

John Solomon (38)
Haven’t posted in a while on here. Thought that was a series of exceptional quality. Watching the SA V England games after watching the Aus V Ireland tests was like watching games being played in quick sand with tackling optional. Obviously I am delighted with the series win but it could have gone either way and a 55-55 aggregate score over the series tells a story. The losses of Hooper and POM balanced out today but I am sure Pocock (imho the best forward on the planet) tweaked something towards the end of the first half. Plenty for Aus to be excited about, two proper, hard scrummaging front rows would be a massive positive. I will be intrigued to see how you go against NZ, if you can keep the intensity and tighten up the discipline I think you will run them very close.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Istanbul

Vay Wilson (31)
Yep - good series against the Irish but it's getting harder to stay in love with Rugby. TMO, pedantic refs, overuse of cards and too much down time for injuries, cramp and shoelaces! The Allblack v France series was ruined by bad calls. Rugby needs to have a serious look at the product it has become

Istanbul

Vay Wilson (31)
Haven’t posted in a while on here. Thought that was a series of exceptional quality. Watching the SA V England games after watching the Aus V Ireland tests was like watching games being played in quick sand with tackling optional. Obviously I am delighted with the series win but it could have gone either way and a 55-55 aggregate score over the series tells a story. The losses of Hooper and POM balanced out today but I am sure Pocock (imho the best forward on the planet) tweaked something towards the end of the first half. Plenty for Aus to be excited about, two proper, hard scrummaging front rows would be a massive positive. I will be intrigued to see how you go against NZ, if you can keep the intensity and tighten up the discipline I think you will run them very close.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Congratulations on the series win! A good side you have there very deserving of the number 2 ranking. Long may your success continue!

Joe Blow

Peter Sullivan (51)
What are people's thoughts on Brandon Paenga-Amosa? He hasn't been horrible but he hasn't set the world on fire either. Tolu Latu looked very good when he came on and I'm keen to see Fai'anga Folau get a shot at some stage. Not convinced BPA should keep the 2 jumper.

TPN is our number one and Latu two.
BPA is a good third hooker in the squad

jimmydubs

Dave Cowper (27)
Yeah problem is, you can make anything look bad with slo mo. He was going for the. Ball and ended up hooking the player. Symptom of the tmo fetish we have these days. Will do nothing for the game.but send it to the bin.

Problem is he did it twice. Watch the opening kickoff again. He can't be consistently causing ass over tit incidents 10 feet up.

Status
Not open for further replies.