• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Wallaby 31 players for 2015 RWC

Status
Not open for further replies.

dru

Tim Horan (67)
I'm thinking that the Bledisloe #1 side is the A team, but with Simmons for Horwill (Skelton on the bench, Douglas in the stands) and Genia obviously on the bench for White.

KOB, suspect you are very close to the mark there. What I'm wondering is who he will use on the bench - the Cheika finishers.

Joe Blow

Peter Sullivan (51)
About the 3rd hooker. Cheika has a former top class hooker in his staff, Mario Ledesma. He's doing a good job, he has eliminated props like Ben Alexander and Benn Robinson who have been the cancer of team for years and given the opportunity to players like Holmes and Sio, who have proven to be good at test level.

We must trust Mario, he knows his stuff and I'm sure he have had significant impact on the choice of players

Do you think if we run him out but list him as Joe Tomane anybody will notice?

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
About the 3rd hooker. Cheika has a former top class hooker in his staff, Mario Ledesma. He's doing a good job, he has eliminated props like Ben Alexander and Benn Robinson who have been the cancer of team for years and given the opportunity to players like Holmes and Sio, who have proven to be good at test level.

We must trust Mario, he knows his stuff and I'm sure he have had significant impact on the choice of players

A few years ago Benn Robinson was recognised as one of the very best loose-head props in the world by better judges than you or me.

Froggy

John Solomon (38)
We only have 2 hookers and scrum halves, five wings, Douglas is in over Horwill, Genia over White and Palu over (insert your favoured player here). I understand the concerns (agree with quite a few), but we have now had 22 pages of argument, outrage, throwing toys out of the cot about this. Perhaps it's time to accept it as a done deal and move discussion on to what's going to happen in the WC, given this is our squad and Cheika (messiah, idiot, gambler, player of favourites, Tahs plant, whatever) is the coach.

Marcelo

Ken Catchpole (46)
A few years ago Benn Robinson was recognised as one of the very best loose-head props in the world by better judges than you or me.

A few years ago Kurtley Beale and JOC (James O'Connor) were the child prodigies of the Aussie rugby and EVERYBODY imagined that they would lead the team in the WC 2015. Now Beale isn't in the starting XV and JOC (James O'Connor) is behind of Taqele Naiyaravoro between the Australian wingers

Scotty

David Codey (61)
The other thing about the 2 hooker deal is that I'm not 100% convinced that TPN is our second best hooker based on form this year. If he has a poor game starting against one of the other teams Cheicka has given himself no option to swap him for another.

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
The other thing about the 2 hooker deal is that I'm not 100% convinced that TPN is our second best hooker based on form this year. If he has a poor game starting against one of the other teams Cheicka has given himself no option to swap him for another.

So who is?

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)

Someone could probably make that same argument for every member of the squad, it has nothing specifically to do with taking 2 v 3 hookers.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
So do we continue to just complain or look forward?

Has anyone seen info on what the squad is doing over the next few weeks?

Cheika has picked two sets of 15, does he plan to just have then go at eachother for the next few weeks?

Are the being sent to keep their match fitness up and playing some NRC games?

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Shit - they ALWAYS are open, inclusive AND tell the truth

And you know the truth to be otherwise? A real person making a public statement has something to lose if they knowingly lied, an anonymous person on the internet, not so much. It sounds like yet another conspiracy theory unless you actually know differently.

T

Train Without a Station

So do we continue to just complain or look forward?

Has anyone seen info on what the squad is doing over the next few weeks?

Cheika has picked two sets of 15, does he plan to just have then go at eachother for the next few weeks?

Are the being sent to keep their match fitness up and playing some NRC games?

I see the 2 sets of 15 being the first thing that will fall by the waist side. When was the last time a wallaby didn't miss a training session due to injury or illness?

One player out with one of the many causes that has seen it so far this test season and the two line ups benefit is gone at training.

Reactions: Tip
Status
Not open for further replies.