• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Wallaby 31 players for 2015 RWC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Doug

Dick Tooth (41)
So do we continue to just complain or look forward?

Has anyone seen info on what the squad is doing over the next few weeks?

Cheika has picked two sets of 15, does he plan to just have then go at eachother for the next few weeks?

Are the being sent to keep their match fitness up and playing some NRC games?

My 'sources' tell me that the squad will fly out for the USA next weekend!

BarneySF

Bob Loudon (25)

Leaving to train at the University of Notre Dame (French name but called the 'Fightin' Irish') on 29 Aug in Indiana before jumping the county line to Illinois to play the Eagles I guess.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Yep they fly out on QF 11 to the States on 29 August from Kingsford Smith Airport, checking in around 7:30 am.

Training at Moore Park (Kippax Oval) around 11 am on Tuesday and Wednesday.

Public Farewell at Martin Place on Thursday 27 April around 2pm.

Groucho

Greg Davis (50)
A few years ago Benn Robinson was recognised as one of the very best loose-head props in the world by better judges than you or me.
Yeah, the law changes around the engagement eliminated the area where he had the greatest skills, which was attacking on the hit. That and a serious injury.

Groucho

Greg Davis (50)
A few years ago Kurtley Beale and JOC (James O'Connor) were the child prodigies of the Aussie rugby and EVERYBODY imagined that they would lead the team in the WC 2015. Now Beale isn't in the starting XV and JOC (James O'Connor) is behind of Taqele Naiyaravoro between the Australian wingers

Still doesn't make Benn Robinson the 'cancer of the team'. He's hardly played a test since the law change and his injury.

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
It is interesting, we are off to another camp, the Kiwis are still playing provincial rugby
There are arguments for and against both I guess. The doomsayers on here will say theirs is the better strategy, the optimists will say ours is.

southsider

Arch Winning (36)
That's bullshit. None of the guys in the 23 are playing ITM Cup. There's like one or two in the 31 that are playing ITM.

Yep out of the three games yesterday only messam, dagg and sopoanga played, messam didn't play particularly well but the other two were very dominant

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
Yep out of the three games yesterday only messam, dagg and sopoanga played, messam didn't play particularly well but the other two were very dominant

all of those blokes are 50/50 squad selections. I'd be taking Sopoaga but Shag has a different take on things. Messam seems useful enough to fire up the team as a water runner.

T

TOCC

Would have been good to see Kane Douglas get some game time before the RWC, should have parachuted him into one of the NRC squads for the weekend just gone..

Likewise Speight and a few others who have just returned from Team Rehab or have had little playing time through the Rugby Championship.. Could have given them a trot on the weekend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
That's bullshit. None of the guys in the 23 are playing ITM Cup. There's like one or two in the 31 that are playing ITM.
True but some of the guys who needed gametime and/or match practice are getting it.

I can think of quite a few in the Wobs squad who need one or both.

Typos by SwiftKey, errors in tone by me

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
Would have been good to see Kane Douglas get some game time before the RWC, should have parachuted him into one of the NRC squads for the weekend just gone..

Likewise Speight and a few others who have just returned from Team Rehab or have had little playing time through the Rugby Championship.. Could have given them a trot on the weekend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Id usually agree but I've heard that the cheika sessions are FAR superior to a game of that level. In terms of both physicality and fitness at least.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

T

Tip

RE: did the ARU pay out Douglas' contract
Apparently not. So I heard. Anyone know for sure otherwise?

While the ARU can say they didn't pay out his contract, I tend to think that Chieka had a discussion with Kane that went something along the lines of...

"your RWC ticket comes with a 200k pricetag"

MonkeyBoy

Bill Watson (15)
Hanson is training with the squad, and will do until the Wallabies depart the USA for England, after which he's not allowed to.

Same goes for Sam Carter, David Dennis, Tetera Faulkner, Scott Higginbotham, James Horwill, Samu Kerevi, Christian Lealiifano, Taqele Naiyaravoro and Nic White.

I have mail that Leali'ifano will not go to the states but will instead be in Black and White hoops at Twickers next weekend

BDA

Peter Johnson (47)
I saw comments from Cheika about how he wanted to choose 2 full starting sides for opposed training purposes (which was presumably behind the decision to only select two hookers). We note just have someone in the coaching staff that can slot in at wing on the B side? Does anyone know the rules regarding the coaching team make-up. Couldn't you name Nick Cummins or someone as part of the coaching set up?

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
I saw comments from Cheika about how he wanted to choose 2 full starting sides for opposed training purposes (which was presumably behind the decision to only select two hookers). We note just have someone in the coaching staff that can slot in at wing on the B side? Does anyone know the rules regarding the coaching team make-up. Couldn't you name Nick Cummins or someone as part of the coaching set up?

It's not only for opposed training, it's so that no-one that starts v Uruguay has to start v Fiji and/or England as well. The coach can't do that!

Status
Not open for further replies.