• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Wallaby 31 players for 2015 RWC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Teh Other Dave

Alan Cameron (40)
I couldn't pinpoint the moment Sanchez was injured last night, but he was clearly playing hurt towards the end of the first half - probably explains him imitating Houdini at some of the breakdowns.

Regardless, I think Phipps is our #1 scrum half.

Pete King

Phil Hardcastle (33)
Slipper was far and away our best prop in 2014, this year he has been injured and below his best, he was actually pretty ordinary last night.

T

Train Without a Station

Yeah Sio stepped it up last night when he came on. Slipper was dominated in contact a little actually.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Both Slipper and Moore had below their standards games.

How on earth did Nick Cummins suddenly overtake Naiyaravoro?

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member

Slipper is really not 100% and he needs to be managed carefully as he is very important for us. Sio needs to see more time. I thought Moore was pretty good, and certainly looked at ease skippering a full Test! Maybe less than his best, but still pretty good.
I'm bemused as well by Cummins' inclusion.

T

TOCC

Nic White and Nick Cummins were already in the USA to promote the Chicago Test, I suspect the plan was to always have them join the squad in Argentina.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

USARugger

John Thornett (49)
I couldn't pinpoint the moment Sanchez was injured last night, but he was clearly playing hurt towards the end of the first half - probably explains him imitating Houdini at some of the breakdowns.

Regardless, I think Phipps is our #1 scrum half.

Based on a single, sleepy watch it may have been the cover tackle on Etzebeth during the big Saffa's try.

Didn't look like he came off that one too well.

Disclaimer: not sure exactly what Sanchez hurt

Mr Doug

Dick Tooth (41)
My "Wallaby Optimum 23 players for 2015 RWC" (for obvious reasons), would include Sam Carter, who could be replaced by Will Skelton after 60 mins initially!
Optimistic I know, but still possible.

USARugger

John Thornett (49)
I just can't see Sam achieving the level of physicality that Cheika is clearly looking for. He's struggled to make it to that level in Super Rugby.

Nic White and Nick Cummins were already in the USA to promote the Chicago Test, I suspect the plan was to always have them join the squad in Argentina.

Cummins gave a cracking interview to a local NBC news outlet that's been making the rounds because nobody here has a clue what he was trying to say.

+1 for Rugby Union?

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)

Allegedly alphabet's manager said that he was going to honor at least the first year of his Scottish contract regardless of whether he plays for the wallabies or not. So the suspicion is that cheika clarified that and made a subtle change to his wing personnel.

BarneySF

Bob Loudon (25)
Allegedly alphabet's manager said that he was going to honor at least the first year of his Scottish contract regardless of whether he plays for the wallabies or not. So the suspicion is that cheika clarified that and made a subtle change to his wing personnel.

Do you mean Cheiks is saying "I won't cap him so he can still get a Scottish guernsey"?

Status
Not open for further replies.